poor voice

poor voice

We have  5 bars in Microcell and 5 bars on Iphone, but outgoing voice is very poor.  People say voice keeps dropping.  It is the same on 2 phones.  When I do a line check on ping.net, it comes back a  C or D.

What can I do???

Message 1 of 6 (238 Views)
Teacher

Re: poor voice

Sounds like your internet connection is really poor. But I have never heard of ping.net ...
Message 2 of 6 (234 Views)

AT&T suggests you use speedtest.com to test speed.  Ping.net is part of it and it test quality of connection and it does say it is poor.

Message 3 of 6 (233 Views)
Guru

Do you, perchance, mean pingtest.net?

If they're giving you a C or a D, then you're going to have lots of trouble with any VoIP service.

Perhaps you're using your internet connection a lot while running the test? That would do it.

If you do generally use your Internet connection a lot, you should obtain and configure a router with good QoS capabilities or use the priority mode installation of the Microcell.

Message 4 of 6 (225 Views)

Sorry, pingtest.net.

I am not using internet when using microcell

Message 5 of 6 (222 Views)
Highlighted
Guru

Well, if you're getting a C or D while running a ping test on an otherwise idle Internet connection, then you need to talk to your ISP about your connection quality.
Message 6 of 6 (217 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.