Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 14, 2012
8:16:01 PM
View profile
phone suddenly stopped getting service!

my brand new lg phone has been working fine. suddenly today while i was texting it stopped getting a signal. The rest of my family (who are on the same plan) all had and still have full signal, while i have none. i tried restarting the phone several times, it did not work. I also put my sisters sim card into my phone and got a signal while it was in it. After i removed her sim, my phone now has one bar of signal, but does not say att&t and will not send or recieve calls or texts. 

please help!

my brand new lg phone has been working fine. suddenly today while i was texting it stopped getting a signal. The rest of my family (who are on the same plan) all had and still have full signal, while i have none. i tried restarting the phone several times, it did not work. I also put my sisters sim card into my phone and got a signal while it was in it. After i removed her sim, my phone now has one bar of signal, but does not say att&t and will not send or recieve calls or texts. 

please help!

phone suddenly stopped getting service!

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2012 8:47:10 PM
(0)
Professor

Go to AT&T and request a new sim card. they will give you for free. and if this does not fix the problem go to apple to the Genius bar have them look over the iphone. make a appointment with the Genius bar.

Go to AT&T and request a new sim card. they will give you for free. and if this does not fix the problem go to apple to the Genius bar have them look over the iphone. make a appointment with the Genius bar.

hello!!!

Re: phone suddenly stopped getting service!

2 of 4 (1,927 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2012 12:03:46 AM
(0)
Scholar
Graphite I think the users phone is a LG Smiley Happy

Understandably though tell AT&T about ur problem
Ur facing and they will issue u a new chip Smiley Wink
Graphite I think the users phone is a LG Smiley Happy

Understandably though tell AT&T about ur problem
Ur facing and they will issue u a new chip Smiley Wink

3 of 4 (1,904 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 16, 2012 8:33:17 PM
(0)
Employee
If its a problem with only phone it is the SIM or the phone. Network problems affect everyone not just a single person
If its a problem with only phone it is the SIM or the phone. Network problems affect everyone not just a single person
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (1,821 Views)