Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 24, 2010
1:04:59 PM
View profile
phone service
Edited by murstorm on Oct 24, 2010 at 4:38:11 PM

Hi good folks at AT&T: I'm an 85 year old AARP retiree, who recently received a gift Iphone 3GS from my grandson. I have never needed nor used a cell phone; but at least I'm curious enough to give it a try. What is the best deal I can get for a trial subscription? Thank you. {Personal content removed for your safety}

Hi good folks at AT&T: I'm an 85 year old AARP retiree, who recently received a gift Iphone 3GS from my grandson. I have never needed nor used a cell phone; but at least I'm curious enough to give it a try. What is the best deal I can get for a trial subscription? Thank you. {Personal content removed for your safety}

phone service

[ Edited ]
4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2010 8:09:24 PM
(0)
Professor

murstorm wrote:

there is no TRIAL Subscription. either you sign up or you dont.

murstorm wrote:

there is no TRIAL Subscription. either you sign up or you dont.

hello!!!

Re: phone service

2 of 5 (781 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2010 8:17:09 PM
(0)
Professor

Since you have your own equipment, there is no need to sign a contract.  You can go month-to-month post paid.

You cannot use pre-paid service with the iPhone, it is not authorized.

Just make certain when you sign up that you do not sign a 2yr contract.  If they try to tell you that a contract is required, ask to speak to a manager.

Since you have your own equipment, there is no need to sign a contract.  You can go month-to-month post paid.

You cannot use pre-paid service with the iPhone, it is not authorized.

Just make certain when you sign up that you do not sign a 2yr contract.  If they try to tell you that a contract is required, ask to speak to a manager.

3 of 5 (774 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2010 2:38:39 AM
(0)
Professor

I think the minimum voice plan is $40 and you MUST get an iPhone data plan, which is either $15 or $25 a month for 200MB or 2GB of data, you you are probably looking at $55/month minimum, which is probably closer to $60 when they add in all the taxes.

I think the minimum voice plan is $40 and you MUST get an iPhone data plan, which is either $15 or $25 a month for 200MB or 2GB of data, you you are probably looking at $55/month minimum, which is probably closer to $60 when they add in all the taxes.

4 of 5 (747 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2010 3:20:47 AM
(0)
Expert

dwill05 wrote:

there is a senior citizen plan that is less - 29.95 I believe.

dwill05 wrote:

there is a senior citizen plan that is less - 29.95 I believe.

5 of 5 (742 Views)