Helpful Links

phone service

Contributor

phone service

Hi good folks at AT&T: I'm an 85 year old AARP retiree, who recently received a gift Iphone 3GS from my grandson. I have never needed nor used a cell phone; but at least I'm curious enough to give it a try. What is the best deal I can get for a trial subscription? Thank you. {Personal content removed for your safety}

Message 1 of 5
Professor

Re: phone service

murstorm wrote:

Hi good folks at AT&T: I'm an 85 year old AARP retiree, who recently received a gift Iphone 3GS from my grandson. I have never needed nor used a cell phone; but at least I'm curious enough to give it a try. What is the best deal I can get for a trial subscription? Thank you. {Personal content removed for your safety}

there is no TRIAL Subscription. either you sign up or you dont.

Message 2 of 5
Professor

Since you have your own equipment, there is no need to sign a contract.  You can go month-to-month post paid.

You cannot use pre-paid service with the iPhone, it is not authorized.

Just make certain when you sign up that you do not sign a 2yr contract.  If they try to tell you that a contract is required, ask to speak to a manager.

Message 3 of 5
Professor

I think the minimum voice plan is $40 and you MUST get an iPhone data plan, which is either $15 or $25 a month for 200MB or 2GB of data, you you are probably looking at $55/month minimum, which is probably closer to $60 when they add in all the taxes.

Message 4 of 5
Expert

dwill05 wrote:

I think the minimum voice plan is $40 and you MUST get an iPhone data plan, which is either $15 or $25 a month for 200MB or 2GB of data, you you are probably looking at $55/month minimum, which is probably closer to $60 when they add in all the taxes.

there is a senior citizen plan that is less - 29.95 I believe.

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support