Helpful Links

phone service

Contributor

phone service

Hi good folks at AT&T: I'm an 85 year old AARP retiree, who recently received a gift Iphone 3GS from my grandson. I have never needed nor used a cell phone; but at least I'm curious enough to give it a try. What is the best deal I can get for a trial subscription? Thank you. {Personal content removed for your safety}

Message 1 of 5
Professor

Re: phone service

murstorm wrote:

Hi good folks at AT&T: I'm an 85 year old AARP retiree, who recently received a gift Iphone 3GS from my grandson. I have never needed nor used a cell phone; but at least I'm curious enough to give it a try. What is the best deal I can get for a trial subscription? Thank you. {Personal content removed for your safety}

there is no TRIAL Subscription. either you sign up or you dont.

Message 2 of 5
Professor

Since you have your own equipment, there is no need to sign a contract.  You can go month-to-month post paid.

You cannot use pre-paid service with the iPhone, it is not authorized.

Just make certain when you sign up that you do not sign a 2yr contract.  If they try to tell you that a contract is required, ask to speak to a manager.

Message 3 of 5
Professor

I think the minimum voice plan is $40 and you MUST get an iPhone data plan, which is either $15 or $25 a month for 200MB or 2GB of data, you you are probably looking at $55/month minimum, which is probably closer to $60 when they add in all the taxes.

Message 4 of 5
Expert

dwill05 wrote:

I think the minimum voice plan is $40 and you MUST get an iPhone data plan, which is either $15 or $25 a month for 200MB or 2GB of data, you you are probably looking at $55/month minimum, which is probably closer to $60 when they add in all the taxes.

there is a senior citizen plan that is less - 29.95 I believe.

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome To The Community!
Find Your Answers Here!

Additional Support