Helpful Links

phone problems

phone problems

phone keeps shutting down, theyve sent 2 replacements and this 1 started shutting down on day 1 and i just wanna upgrade to an iphone 4s cause ik that wont give me probs like my current solstice II, is it possible to get the iphone at new year contract price because my phone doesnt work and it isnt due to anything ive done

Message 1 of 10
Professor

Re: phone problems

Doubtful. They don't give people discounts because their old phone is lost or stolen through no fault of their own, so it seems unlikely that they would make an exception for your old phone not working right. That's a warranty issue with your old phone.
Message 2 of 10

i got it earlier this year, are they just going to keep giving me the same phone over and over

does it make a difference that my line is the added/3rd line

Message 3 of 10

is it possible to add a line and get the iphone on that and cancel my current 1?

Message 4 of 10
Professor

If you started a new 2-year contract earlier this year, adding a line will just make you responsive for paying for 2 lines of service. You'd have to cancel the first contract and pay the ETF.
Message 5 of 10
Professor

dwill05 wrote:
If you started a new 2-year contract earlier this year, adding a line will just make you responsive for paying for 2 lines of service. You'd have to cancel the first contract and pay the ETF.

agreed. you will have to pay ETF!  add a line get the new 4S,transfer it to your line with your number.and get a cheap go phone and use on the new line.make it a family plan and only pay 9.99$ a month for the added line,and you get a new Iphone 4S at  the discount.

Message 6 of 10

i dont like atts customer service (if you can call it that)

id think theyd want me to upgrade so theyd get more money

and im young so i could either become a lifetime customer or switch to another carrier when i graduate, and i pay my for my own line anyways

Message 7 of 10
Professor

I really don't think you'll find it any better ant any of the other cell phone companies. They all have a time period before you are eligible for another discounted upgrade. The reality is with millions of customers, any one of us is not terribly important to AT&T (or Verizon or Sprint) as an individual. Every week people sign up with a carrier and in the same week others switch carriers. That's business. They don't always do what people want.
Message 8 of 10

goina try calling att soon so i hope i can get somewhere, and that they dont try sending me a 3rd replacement phone

Message 9 of 10
Highlighted
Scholar

I believe AT&T's policy is 3 replacement phones then the customer gets the opportunity to exchange for a different device.  I would inquire with CS about that.

Just do not expect to get a new 4S at no additional cost... it is extremely unlikely to happen.

Message 10 of 10
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support