Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 26, 2011
1:38:26 PM
View profile
phone indicates not in service area when I am

Hi, I just received my daughters blackberry curve from her as she just upgraded.  I cannot connect to the wireless network and the phone indicates that I am out of service area.  However, when I put my sim card back in my old phone I have service just fine and always have sitting here in my home.  I made sure that the wireless network is turned on, etc but no luck.  I am new to blackberry and not to techno savy anyway so help would be appreciated.... Thanks

Hi, I just received my daughters blackberry curve from her as she just upgraded.  I cannot connect to the wireless network and the phone indicates that I am out of service area.  However, when I put my sim card back in my old phone I have service just fine and always have sitting here in my home.  I made sure that the wireless network is turned on, etc but no luck.  I am new to blackberry and not to techno savy anyway so help would be appreciated.... Thanks

phone indicates not in service area when I am

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2011 2:18:52 PM
(0)
Professor

You should call CS and have them switch your IMEI to the BlackBerry. You'll also need to sign up for a data plan.

You should call CS and have them switch your IMEI to the BlackBerry. You'll also need to sign up for a data plan.

Re: phone indicates not in service area when I am

3 of 3 (257 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2011 1:46:20 PM
(0)
Professor

Was your old phone a 3G phone?  There are areas that are 3G only, and I don't think the original Blackberry Curves were 3G.

Was your old phone a 3G phone?  There are areas that are 3G only, and I don't think the original Blackberry Curves were 3G.

Re: phone indicates not in service area when I am

2 of 3 (265 Views)