Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 28, 2011
8:08:53 PM
View profile
pay as you go/gophone question

I have an unlocked Nokia c1-02 and I was looking into prepaid plans. The obvious choice is to buy a sim card and that led me to looking at sim cards on Amazon, which at between $2-$6 seem like a bargain.

I've searched Google and have checked the ATT wireless website without luck. Perhaps someone on here has experience with this?

My question is: If I purchase a regular ATT 3G  sim card can I use it for a gophone/prepaid account? Or do I have to purchase a gophone sim card? Or does it not make a difference what the card says but what you choose when setting up the sim card/account?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I have an unlocked Nokia c1-02 and I was looking into prepaid plans. The obvious choice is to buy a sim card and that led me to looking at sim cards on Amazon, which at between $2-$6 seem like a bargain.

I've searched Google and have checked the ATT wireless website without luck. Perhaps someone on here has experience with this?

My question is: If I purchase a regular ATT 3G  sim card can I use it for a gophone/prepaid account? Or do I have to purchase a gophone sim card? Or does it not make a difference what the card says but what you choose when setting up the sim card/account?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

pay as you go/gophone question

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 29, 2011 2:36:44 PM
(0)
Scholar

discopony wrote:

Or does it not make a difference what the card says but what you choose when setting up the sim card/account?

This. I've bought a couple of regular AT&T SIM cards from ebay for my unlocked phones and had no trouble activating them with GoPhone service.

discopony wrote:

Or does it not make a difference what the card says but what you choose when setting up the sim card/account?

This. I've bought a couple of regular AT&T SIM cards from ebay for my unlocked phones and had no trouble activating them with GoPhone service.

Re: pay as you go/gophone question

2 of 4 (261 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 30, 2011 2:06:28 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Very interesting! So I guess GoPhone "labeled" SIM cards aren't necessarily needed after all.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Very interesting! So I guess GoPhone "labeled" SIM cards aren't necessarily needed after all.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 4 (246 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 30, 2011 5:36:17 PM
(0)
Contributor

Awesome. I went with eBay and got it for cheaper than Amazon.

Thanks!

Awesome. I went with eBay and got it for cheaper than Amazon.

Thanks!

4 of 4 (240 Views)