pay as you go card

pay as you go card

i just bought a pay as you go card and when i enter in the number on my phone, it keeps saying "the card number you entered is not correct". i just bought the card and the receipt for it says activation successful so i dont know why im having this problem

Message 1 of 30
Professor

Re: pay as you go card

What number did you dial? Follow the instruction verbatim at the back of the Go card. It should work.
Message 2 of 30

i dialed the number on the back of the card. 1-800-352-4071. and it says that the card number is not correct. 

Message 3 of 30
Professor

Dial *888* will work with most cards:

1: Dial *888*

2: Enter PIN on the card

3: Press #

4: Press Send.

EDIT: Regarding the card number, is this the one you scratch off the paint to see it?

Message 4 of 30

ya its the number i got from scratching the gray stuff off the back. and ive done the *888*pin number# and it doesnt work either

Message 5 of 30
Professor

whiteburnsred wrote:

ya its the number i got from scratching the gray stuff off the back. and ive done the *888*pin number# and it doesnt work either

Re: the 1-800-352-4071 that's new to me. Is it an orange card with a blue/white "go"? Mine says dial 1-866-371-7138.

Message 6 of 30

ya its the orange card with the blue white go

Message 7 of 30

i dialed the number you put but it asks for a 12 digit pin number, and my card has a 10 digit pin number

Message 8 of 30
Professor

Okay use this http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/go-phones/prepaid-accounts.jsp

Click "Go to account management". If you have not changed the 'passcode', it should be the last 4 digits of your mobile number.

Message 9 of 30

i did that earlier. i get on and try to put on the card and it says this "This pin number is not valid please input your number again."

Message 10 of 30
Professor

I'm puzzled. The online method should work with 10 or 13 digits as I recall. Did you try:

By Phone: Simply call 611 on your wireless phone or 1-800-901-9878 to get your refill.

That uses IVR (spoken voice response), and it's convenient to use an earphone.

Other than all the above, you may have to go to an AT&T corporate store. Good luck.

Message 11 of 30

ya ive done all that. ive never had this problem before. but thanks for the help

Message 12 of 30
Professor

No problem. Wish you success.

Message 13 of 30
Master

Are you sure that the 611 option did not work?

Instructions:
Dial 611 from your phone.
At the main menu, say, "Add Money."
"Pay as you go card."
Then enter the card number followed by the # symbol.

The IVR will probably tell you that you need to dial a different phone number to add that money to your account, and "she" will likely transfer you to the correct number. If she does to the number I am thinking of, you will need to:

Enter your wireless phone number (followed by the # key).
Enter the PIN number (followed by the # key).

And you should be all set. I'd be happy to know if this worked out for you.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 14 of 30

Having the same issue with my pay as you go card. Just bought it from Target and the site, the customer care, and 611 are all rejecting the pay as you go number. There is no way to contact any form of customer support for go phone accounts and this is getting a bit frustrating.

Message 15 of 30
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support