Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 2, 2011
4:55:15 PM
pay as you go card

i just bought a pay as you go card and when i enter in the number on my phone, it keeps saying "the card number you entered is not correct". i just bought the card and the receipt for it says activation successful so i dont know why im having this problem

i just bought a pay as you go card and when i enter in the number on my phone, it keeps saying "the card number you entered is not correct". i just bought the card and the receipt for it says activation successful so i dont know why im having this problem

pay as you go card

29 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(29)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2011 7:46:20 PM
(0)
Professor
What number did you dial? Follow the instruction verbatim at the back of the Go card. It should work.
What number did you dial? Follow the instruction verbatim at the back of the Go card. It should work.

Re: pay as you go card

2 of 30 (1,416 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2011 8:06:13 PM
(0)
Tutor

i dialed the number on the back of the card. 1-800-352-4071. and it says that the card number is not correct. 

i dialed the number on the back of the card. 1-800-352-4071. and it says that the card number is not correct. 

3 of 30 (1,412 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2011 8:32:38 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by ilikewireless on Nov 2, 2011 at 8:36:34 PM

Dial *888* will work with most cards:

1: Dial *888*

2: Enter PIN on the card

3: Press #

4: Press Send.

EDIT: Regarding the card number, is this the one you scratch off the paint to see it?

Dial *888* will work with most cards:

1: Dial *888*

2: Enter PIN on the card

3: Press #

4: Press Send.

EDIT: Regarding the card number, is this the one you scratch off the paint to see it?

[ Edited ]
4 of 30 (1,407 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2011 8:36:21 PM
(0)
Tutor

ya its the number i got from scratching the gray stuff off the back. and ive done the *888*pin number# and it doesnt work either

ya its the number i got from scratching the gray stuff off the back. and ive done the *888*pin number# and it doesnt work either

5 of 30 (1,402 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2011 8:40:23 PM
(0)
Professor

whiteburnsred wrote:

Re: the 1-800-352-4071 that's new to me. Is it an orange card with a blue/white "go"? Mine says dial 1-866-371-7138.

whiteburnsred wrote:

Re: the 1-800-352-4071 that's new to me. Is it an orange card with a blue/white "go"? Mine says dial 1-866-371-7138.

6 of 30 (1,400 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2011 8:41:50 PM
(0)
Tutor

ya its the orange card with the blue white go

ya its the orange card with the blue white go

7 of 30 (1,398 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2011 8:44:25 PM
(0)
Tutor

i dialed the number you put but it asks for a 12 digit pin number, and my card has a 10 digit pin number

i dialed the number you put but it asks for a 12 digit pin number, and my card has a 10 digit pin number

8 of 30 (1,396 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2011 8:49:18 PM
(0)
Professor

Okay use this http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/go-phones/prepaid-accounts.jsp

Click "Go to account management". If you have not changed the 'passcode', it should be the last 4 digits of your mobile number.

Okay use this http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/go-phones/prepaid-accounts.jsp

Click "Go to account management". If you have not changed the 'passcode', it should be the last 4 digits of your mobile number.

9 of 30 (1,392 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2011 8:52:23 PM
(0)
Tutor

i did that earlier. i get on and try to put on the card and it says this "This pin number is not valid please input your number again."

i did that earlier. i get on and try to put on the card and it says this "This pin number is not valid please input your number again."

10 of 30 (1,389 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2011 8:58:07 PM
(0)
Professor

I'm puzzled. The online method should work with 10 or 13 digits as I recall. Did you try:

By Phone: Simply call 611 on your wireless phone or 1-800-901-9878 to get your refill.

That uses IVR (spoken voice response), and it's convenient to use an earphone.

Other than all the above, you may have to go to an AT&T corporate store. Good luck.

I'm puzzled. The online method should work with 10 or 13 digits as I recall. Did you try:

By Phone: Simply call 611 on your wireless phone or 1-800-901-9878 to get your refill.

That uses IVR (spoken voice response), and it's convenient to use an earphone.

Other than all the above, you may have to go to an AT&T corporate store. Good luck.

11 of 30 (1,327 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2011 9:05:03 PM
(0)
Tutor

ya ive done all that. ive never had this problem before. but thanks for the help

ya ive done all that. ive never had this problem before. but thanks for the help

12 of 30 (1,323 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2011 9:06:57 PM
(0)
Professor

No problem. Wish you success.

No problem. Wish you success.

13 of 30 (1,321 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2011 3:50:36 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Are you sure that the 611 option did not work?

Instructions:
Dial 611 from your phone.
At the main menu, say, "Add Money."
"Pay as you go card."
Then enter the card number followed by the # symbol.

The IVR will probably tell you that you need to dial a different phone number to add that money to your account, and "she" will likely transfer you to the correct number. If she does to the number I am thinking of, you will need to:

Enter your wireless phone number (followed by the # key).
Enter the PIN number (followed by the # key).

And you should be all set. I'd be happy to know if this worked out for you.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Are you sure that the 611 option did not work?

Instructions:
Dial 611 from your phone.
At the main menu, say, "Add Money."
"Pay as you go card."
Then enter the card number followed by the # symbol.

The IVR will probably tell you that you need to dial a different phone number to add that money to your account, and "she" will likely transfer you to the correct number. If she does to the number I am thinking of, you will need to:

Enter your wireless phone number (followed by the # key).
Enter the PIN number (followed by the # key).

And you should be all set. I'd be happy to know if this worked out for you.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

14 of 30 (1,307 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2011 5:01:01 PM
(0)
Tutor

Having the same issue with my pay as you go card. Just bought it from Target and the site, the customer care, and 611 are all rejecting the pay as you go number. There is no way to contact any form of customer support for go phone accounts and this is getting a bit frustrating.

Having the same issue with my pay as you go card. Just bought it from Target and the site, the customer care, and 611 are all rejecting the pay as you go number. There is no way to contact any form of customer support for go phone accounts and this is getting a bit frustrating.

15 of 30 (1,303 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2011 5:05:13 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by ilikewireless on Nov 3, 2011 at 5:07:18 PM

Yours has a 10 digit pin?

Yours has a 10 digit pin?

[ Edited ]
16 of 30 (1,300 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2011 5:06:50 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Cameronmullins on Nov 3, 2011 at 5:11:47 PM

Yeah mine is a 10 digit 3 3 4, as has been the standard for a while now =/

*ninja edit* as a side note I also have the recipt with matching numbers on the bottom of the card and the recipt claiming activation successful...

Yeah mine is a 10 digit 3 3 4, as has been the standard for a while now =/

*ninja edit* as a side note I also have the recipt with matching numbers on the bottom of the card and the recipt claiming activation successful...

[ Edited ]
17 of 30 (1,297 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2011 5:25:48 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by ilikewireless on Nov 3, 2011 at 5:28:03 PM

First there was the gophone activation problem. Now there's the refill problem. Makes me wonder what's going on. What's the toll free number at the back of the card ( for topping up) ? As far as I know, there are 10, 12, & 13digit pin types. They are refilled by dialing different phone numbers. If you are in a hurry, consider getting refill from Radioshack. You can add the present card within 30 days of purchase. You get a 13 digit pin from RS.

First there was the gophone activation problem. Now there's the refill problem. Makes me wonder what's going on. What's the toll free number at the back of the card ( for topping up) ? As far as I know, there are 10, 12, & 13digit pin types. They are refilled by dialing different phone numbers. If you are in a hurry, consider getting refill from Radioshack. You can add the present card within 30 days of purchase. You get a 13 digit pin from RS.

re: pay as you go card

[ Edited ]
18 of 30 (1,292 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2011 5:41:20 PM
(0)
Tutor

18003524071 brings me to the same place as 611 on my gophone, seems they are either changing things or having server issues? The card also says to use the *888*pin# unlike the website which is saying to use 7's and it brings forth the same error on refilling my go phone with the orange, blue, and white $25 card. For science the card was purchased at 03:42 pm today and was attempted to be entered less then 20 mins later. Have been trying to find some semblence of customer service to help since. So far you guys have helped more then anyone else :3

18003524071 brings me to the same place as 611 on my gophone, seems they are either changing things or having server issues? The card also says to use the *888*pin# unlike the website which is saying to use 7's and it brings forth the same error on refilling my go phone with the orange, blue, and white $25 card. For science the card was purchased at 03:42 pm today and was attempted to be entered less then 20 mins later. Have been trying to find some semblence of customer service to help since. So far you guys have helped more then anyone else :3

Re: re: pay as you go card

19 of 30 (1,285 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2011 6:07:21 PM
(0)
Professor
When was the last time you powered down your phone? Sounds silly but it doesn't cost anything.
When was the last time you powered down your phone? Sounds silly but it doesn't cost anything.

20 of 30 (1,278 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2011 6:12:36 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
There must be something wrong with the refill system. I refilled my account on the night of October 30th. Either that or Halloween night. I had no trouble entering a 12-digit PIN by dialing 611 and getting transferred, which is the usual route for me.

All I can say is keep trying. It may get frustrating at times, but try, try again.

There must be something wrong with the refill system. I refilled my account on the night of October 30th. Either that or Halloween night. I had no trouble entering a 12-digit PIN by dialing 611 and getting transferred, which is the usual route for me.

All I can say is keep trying. It may get frustrating at times, but try, try again.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

21 of 30 (1,359 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2011 7:06:30 PM
(0)
Tutor

Powered down yesterday, also had a pushed update today from the mobile care system from 1.3.2 to 1.4.something. Will keep trying through the night, if not I will have to go into the local store in the morning.

Seems weird though half the time it is stating there is a server error or something about having issues with the system, the other half it states that the card pin is not good.

Powered down yesterday, also had a pushed update today from the mobile care system from 1.3.2 to 1.4.something. Will keep trying through the night, if not I will have to go into the local store in the morning.

Seems weird though half the time it is stating there is a server error or something about having issues with the system, the other half it states that the card pin is not good.

22 of 30 (1,353 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2011 8:06:12 PM
(0)
Professor
Have you tried using a landline to refill?
Have you tried using a landline to refill?

23 of 30 (1,345 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2011 3:44:55 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
I would say that the refill system is the problem. It seems unlikely that the card PIN is no good already if it was just purchased a short time ago.

I would say that the refill system is the problem. It seems unlikely that the card PIN is no good already if it was just purchased a short time ago.

24 of 30 (1,339 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2011 9:26:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Cameronmullins wrote:

If you haven't already resolved this via a visit to the store, have you tried contacting customer service at 1-800-331-0500?  State "more options" at the first menu prompt of the autmoated system, and then "customer service" at subsequent prompts.  After a few you will be connected to a live rep - they should be able to assist you with your refill troubles.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Cameronmullins wrote:

If you haven't already resolved this via a visit to the store, have you tried contacting customer service at 1-800-331-0500?  State "more options" at the first menu prompt of the autmoated system, and then "customer service" at subsequent prompts.  After a few you will be connected to a live rep - they should be able to assist you with your refill troubles.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Re: re: pay as you go card

25 of 30 (1,327 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 5, 2011 9:51:51 AM
(0)
Professor
Today, dialing 611, I get on screen menus to do refills. IVR is history.

26 of 30 (1,319 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 5, 2011 10:42:06 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

ilikewireless wrote:

That's cool. Must be phone specific though - is it a function of the "Care" menu functionality I keep seeing users mention?

On my SE W518a the IVR is still alive and functioning exactly like it always has, with no "on screen" connectivity.

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

ilikewireless wrote:

That's cool. Must be phone specific though - is it a function of the "Care" menu functionality I keep seeing users mention?

On my SE W518a the IVR is still alive and functioning exactly like it always has, with no "on screen" connectivity.

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

27 of 30 (1,313 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 5, 2011 11:00:14 AM
(0)
Professor
It's in the AT&T 'care' section under contacts. "AT&T Refill Your Phone" has the 611 number as it always has. When I touched this last month, I spoke into the phone to get a refill. Today I get a nice on screen menu that takes me to submenus. I am using a smartphone.
It's in the AT&T 'care' section under contacts. "AT&T Refill Your Phone" has the 611 number as it always has. When I touched this last month, I spoke into the phone to get a refill. Today I get a nice on screen menu that takes me to submenus. I am using a smartphone.

28 of 30 (1,310 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2011 1:01:24 PM
(0)
Tutor

i called customer service and they got it taken care of. they said there was a problem with the fast card redemption center

i called customer service and they got it taken care of. they said there was a problem with the fast card redemption center

29 of 30 (1,296 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2011 1:03:43 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Glad to hear that you were finally able to add money to your account. I had suspected there was a problem with the system...

Glad to hear that you were finally able to add money to your account. I had suspected there was a problem with the system...

30 of 30 (1,292 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments