pay as you go 19.99 unlimited nights and weekends

Contributor

pay as you go 19.99 unlimited nights and weekends

i added 25 dollars to my account using my debit card. then decided to add the nights and weekends package and when i called someone is still charged me for the calls. can someone please tell me whats going on? 

Message 1 of 7

Re: pay as you go 19.99 unlimited nights and weekends

bleeann08 wrote:

i added 25 dollars to my account using my debit card. then decided to add the nights and weekends package and when i called someone is still charged me for the calls. can someone please tell me whats going on? 

Hello BleeAnn08,

There is no "Nights/Weekends" feature package on a GoPhone service, as there are no "anytime" talk minutes in prepaid -- the only unlimited talk plans are by-month or by-day.

Check the four base GoPhone plans and their optional feature packages on  http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-plans/pyg-cell-phone-plans.jsp?wtSlotClick...

Where did your money go?

Message 2 of 7
Master

bleeann08 wrote:

You didn't add unlimited messaging for $19.99, did you? I do not know of an unlimited nights and weekends package...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 7
Master

There is actually a prepaid unlimited nights and weekends feature package - it's been around for years, but I've never seen much mention of it out here.  I don't find any reference to it on at&t's prepaid information at the website, but it is still available for selection via the IVR.  It's $19.99/month and provides for unlimited minutes between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. plus weekends. Smiley Happy

You do have to be on a compatible rate plan to use this feature package - I know the old $1/day with MTM is compatible, and I believe it is compatible with the Simple rate plan as well.

If you are certain you added the package - double check your on-line account or use the IVR to check your transaction history to see if the $19.99 was in fact deducted from your account balance - then I would contact customer service (say "More Options" at the first prompt, and then "Customer Service" at subsequent prompts; after a couple of menu prompts the automated system will connect you to a live representative).  Have them review your account transaction history with you and request a refund of the erroneous charges after you added the Nights & Weekends package.  (Also, are you certain the calls were made/received during the applicable time frame?  It's based on the time zone you were in when the voice activity occurred.)

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 4 of 7
Contributor

thanks everyone. i haven even tried to call anyone again. but i did get  a txt to my phone at like 3 this afternoon saying the 25 dollars was added to my account. so im kinda guessing it just took a while to go through? 

Message 5 of 7
Contributor

hmmm well it still charged me the dollar:/ and i do have the old dollar a day plan. im really annoyed. thats 20 dollars down the drain:/
Message 6 of 7
Master

bleeann08 wrote:
hmmm well it still charged me the dollar:/ and i do have the old dollar a day plan. im really annoyed. thats 20 dollars down the drain:/

Sounds like you mean it has added the feature plan, but you are still charged the $1/day for the voice use even with this feature plan?  That probably is correct since the $1/day plan terms are for any network voice usage.  Unfortunately I don't know much about that feature - never used it myself and never have seen much discussion of it out here that I recall.   But if you think about it, it would just put everyone else on the equivalent of a MTM basis for the N&W timeframes and then be consistent with MTM billing under the $1/day plan.

So you may be right - in that you may really only be saving the $0.10/minute for calls outside of MTM with this feature plan.  Obviously for someone who on a less frequent basis needs to use a lot of night & weekend minutes with friends/family who aren't also at&t users, it could still be worthwhile (depending on your usage pattern).  But if you talk every day, you're going to spend $50/month ($20 feature package fee + $1/day) so you may as well select the $50/month unlimited talk, text, & data plan instead.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support