pay as you go 19.99 unlimited nights and weekends

Contributor

pay as you go 19.99 unlimited nights and weekends

i added 25 dollars to my account using my debit card. then decided to add the nights and weekends package and when i called someone is still charged me for the calls. can someone please tell me whats going on? 

Message 1 of 7 (2,152 Views)

Re: pay as you go 19.99 unlimited nights and weekends

bleeann08 wrote:

i added 25 dollars to my account using my debit card. then decided to add the nights and weekends package and when i called someone is still charged me for the calls. can someone please tell me whats going on? 

Hello BleeAnn08,

There is no "Nights/Weekends" feature package on a GoPhone service, as there are no "anytime" talk minutes in prepaid -- the only unlimited talk plans are by-month or by-day.

Check the four base GoPhone plans and their optional feature packages on  http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-plans/pyg-cell-phone-plans.jsp?wtSlotClick...

Where did your money go?

Message 2 of 7 (2,146 Views)
Master

bleeann08 wrote:

You didn't add unlimited messaging for $19.99, did you? I do not know of an unlimited nights and weekends package...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 7 (2,142 Views)
Master

[ Edited ]

There is actually a prepaid unlimited nights and weekends feature package - it's been around for years, but I've never seen much mention of it out here.  I don't find any reference to it on at&t's prepaid information at the website, but it is still available for selection via the IVR.  It's $19.99/month and provides for unlimited minutes between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. plus weekends. Smiley Happy

You do have to be on a compatible rate plan to use this feature package - I know the old $1/day with MTM is compatible, and I believe it is compatible with the Simple rate plan as well.

If you are certain you added the package - double check your on-line account or use the IVR to check your transaction history to see if the $19.99 was in fact deducted from your account balance - then I would contact customer service (say "More Options" at the first prompt, and then "Customer Service" at subsequent prompts; after a couple of menu prompts the automated system will connect you to a live representative).  Have them review your account transaction history with you and request a refund of the erroneous charges after you added the Nights & Weekends package.  (Also, are you certain the calls were made/received during the applicable time frame?  It's based on the time zone you were in when the voice activity occurred.)

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 4 of 7 (2,124 Views)
Contributor

thanks everyone. i haven even tried to call anyone again. but i did get  a txt to my phone at like 3 this afternoon saying the 25 dollars was added to my account. so im kinda guessing it just took a while to go through? 

Message 5 of 7 (2,112 Views)
Contributor

hmmm well it still charged me the dollar:/ and i do have the old dollar a day plan. im really annoyed. thats 20 dollars down the drain:/
Message 6 of 7 (2,109 Views)
Highlighted
Master

[ Edited ]

bleeann08 wrote:
hmmm well it still charged me the dollar:/ and i do have the old dollar a day plan. im really annoyed. thats 20 dollars down the drain:/

Sounds like you mean it has added the feature plan, but you are still charged the $1/day for the voice use even with this feature plan?  That probably is correct since the $1/day plan terms are for any network voice usage.  Unfortunately I don't know much about that feature - never used it myself and never have seen much discussion of it out here that I recall.   But if you think about it, it would just put everyone else on the equivalent of a MTM basis for the N&W timeframes and then be consistent with MTM billing under the $1/day plan.

So you may be right - in that you may really only be saving the $0.10/minute for calls outside of MTM with this feature plan.  Obviously for someone who on a less frequent basis needs to use a lot of night & weekend minutes with friends/family who aren't also at&t users, it could still be worthwhile (depending on your usage pattern).  But if you talk every day, you're going to spend $50/month ($20 feature package fee + $1/day) so you may as well select the $50/month unlimited talk, text, & data plan instead.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 7 of 7 (2,106 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.