outgoing calls failing

Teacher

outgoing calls failing

Outgoing calls throught the MicroCell are now failing on both my iPhone 4 and my wife's Blackberry Bold.  The MicroCell is now well past the line of causing more problems than it solves.   That's a shame because signal in my house is horrible and it would be a great solution if it would just work well.

It's hard to understand why there are still so many issues when AT&T effectively had this thing in beta under limited release for months and months.

Message 1 of 6 (1,195 Views)
Teacher

Re: outgoing calls failing

I spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone with AT&T support and all I got was this lousy case number Smiley Indifferent

Message 2 of 6 (1,170 Views)
Contributor

I have been having a similar issue for at least a week.  Text messages go through but no calls or data.

Message 3 of 6 (1,111 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

did you ever get this resolved? I have the same problem.

Message 4 of 6 (612 Views)
Guru

The call fails only the first time.  If you try to place the call a 2nd time, the 2nd attempt almost always works.

Or is that not the case for you.

It's an issue with the iPhone specifically.  There is a long 1.5 year old thread talking about this.

http://forums.att.com/t5/3G-MicroCell/Delay-when-placing-calls/td-p/2692837

Message 5 of 6 (487 Views)
Voyager

For my iPhone 4S this does not only happen the first time.  It's usually only after 3-4 attempts of 'call failed' that it works.

This is after unregistering/re-registering the microcell and resetting network settings.

Message 6 of 6 (479 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.