Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 11, 2010
9:23:29 AM
View profile
outgoing calls failing

Outgoing calls throught the MicroCell are now failing on both my iPhone 4 and my wife's Blackberry Bold.  The MicroCell is now well past the line of causing more problems than it solves.   That's a shame because signal in my house is horrible and it would be a great solution if it would just work well.

It's hard to understand why there are still so many issues when AT&T effectively had this thing in beta under limited release for months and months.

Outgoing calls throught the MicroCell are now failing on both my iPhone 4 and my wife's Blackberry Bold.  The MicroCell is now well past the line of causing more problems than it solves.   That's a shame because signal in my house is horrible and it would be a great solution if it would just work well.

It's hard to understand why there are still so many issues when AT&T effectively had this thing in beta under limited release for months and months.

outgoing calls failing

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 11, 2010 3:13:33 PM
(0)
Teacher

I spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone with AT&T support and all I got was this lousy case number Smiley Indifferent

I spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone with AT&T support and all I got was this lousy case number Smiley Indifferent

Re: outgoing calls failing

2 of 6 (1,135 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2010 6:41:34 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have been having a similar issue for at least a week.  Text messages go through but no calls or data.

I have been having a similar issue for at least a week.  Text messages go through but no calls or data.

3 of 6 (1,076 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2011 2:07:48 PM
(0)
Contributor

did you ever get this resolved? I have the same problem.

did you ever get this resolved? I have the same problem.

4 of 6 (577 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2011 10:34:48 AM
(0)
Guru

The call fails only the first time.  If you try to place the call a 2nd time, the 2nd attempt almost always works.

Or is that not the case for you.

It's an issue with the iPhone specifically.  There is a long 1.5 year old thread talking about this.

http://forums.att.com/t5/3G-MicroCell/Delay-when-placing-calls/td-p/2692837

The call fails only the first time.  If you try to place the call a 2nd time, the 2nd attempt almost always works.

Or is that not the case for you.

It's an issue with the iPhone specifically.  There is a long 1.5 year old thread talking about this.

http://forums.att.com/t5/3G-MicroCell/Delay-when-placing-calls/td-p/2692837

5 of 6 (452 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2011 12:42:29 PM
(0)
Voyager

For my iPhone 4S this does not only happen the first time.  It's usually only after 3-4 attempts of 'call failed' that it works.

This is after unregistering/re-registering the microcell and resetting network settings.

For my iPhone 4S this does not only happen the first time.  It's usually only after 3-4 attempts of 'call failed' that it works.

This is after unregistering/re-registering the microcell and resetting network settings.

6 of 6 (444 Views)