outgoing calls failing

Highlighted
Teacher

outgoing calls failing

Outgoing calls throught the MicroCell are now failing on both my iPhone 4 and my wife's Blackberry Bold.  The MicroCell is now well past the line of causing more problems than it solves.   That's a shame because signal in my house is horrible and it would be a great solution if it would just work well.

It's hard to understand why there are still so many issues when AT&T effectively had this thing in beta under limited release for months and months.

Message 1 of 6
Teacher

Re: outgoing calls failing

I spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone with AT&T support and all I got was this lousy case number Smiley Indifferent

Message 2 of 6
Contributor

I have been having a similar issue for at least a week.  Text messages go through but no calls or data.

Message 3 of 6
Contributor

did you ever get this resolved? I have the same problem.

Message 4 of 6
Guru

The call fails only the first time.  If you try to place the call a 2nd time, the 2nd attempt almost always works.

Or is that not the case for you.

It's an issue with the iPhone specifically.  There is a long 1.5 year old thread talking about this.

http://forums.att.com/t5/3G-MicroCell/Delay-when-placing-calls/td-p/2692837

Message 5 of 6
Voyager

For my iPhone 4S this does not only happen the first time.  It's usually only after 3-4 attempts of 'call failed' that it works.

This is after unregistering/re-registering the microcell and resetting network settings.

Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support