ordered a iphone 4 for $722 and never received it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contributor

ordered a iphone 4 for $722 and never received it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ordered a iphone 4 a month back on expedite shipping. They lost the phone for the fiorst time. After calling them up repeadetly for one month they ordered a new phone and this time to a "unknow address" (I dont know where thye pulled this address from). I was asked by the operator that I should have gone to Apple store and purchased the phone instead of calling them repeadly. I have been without a phone for a month and I have no clue if I am ever gonna receive the phone I payed $722. I am highly frustated. 

Message 1 of 18
Master

Re: ordered a iphone 4 for $722 and never received it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a customer forum.  If you are looking for assistance on this issue, you are going to need to call ATT again:-(.  Did they charge you for the phone?  If so, file a claim with your credit card company.

Good Luck1

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 18
Mentor

No, I think this is valid for the forum. People should know who they are dealing with, and this level of service is par for at&t. 

You should dispute the charge and go buy an unlocked iphone from apple for that price. 

Message 3 of 18
Professor

Just because you dislike AT&T, doesn't mean that something like this is "par" for them. I got my latest iPhone in the mail from them, as well as some previous phones, with no problems. While there are always some problems with any large company, there are millions of people on the other side who don't have any problems. Go check any of the boards, even Apple's, and you'll find a few people complaining about how the company shafted them.
Message 4 of 18
Professor

tthorne78 wrote:

No, I think this is valid for the forum. People should know who they are dealing with, and this level of service is par for at&t.

For venting, yes this is appropriate.  But what the previous posting was trying to get across is that venting here will get the OP no resolution.  The ONLY way to get a resolution is to either call AT&T (assuming that's where the purchased the device) or their credit card company.

A user only forum cannot assist the user is rectifying what is essentially a billing issue.

Message 5 of 18
Expert

tthorne78 wrote:

You should dispute the charge and go buy an unlocked iphone from apple for that price. 

vent all you want, just be accurate in the vent - the op never posted exactly where they purchased  the phone, it could have been from a third party dealer, secondly 722 does not add up for the cost of a phone, even a ATT locked 32gb is only 650.00, shipping is normally free and cannot see any place where 82.00 would be charged for taxes. They do not mention of the amount was charged to their credit card - if it was then ATT is not the one to discuss this with, the charge dispute needs to go through the company that is handling their payment method.

Lets add another interesting point - the OP is a one hit wonder, they posted their unsubstantiated complaint and never came back to continue the conversation - don;t know about you but if it where me I would be on this every day with responses.

Message 6 of 18
ACE - Professor

"cool story, broah"

Smiley Happy

Seriously, hope you find a solution. Sounds like an amazing and unprecedented thing to have happen. Twice. To the same person. I'd start by disputing the charge with your credit card company.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 18
Master

If you read many of my posts, you will see I advocate buying from Apple when it comes to the iPhone. I am just not a fan of att's online store. Too many canceled orders and inconsistent information about order tracking for my taste I was also trying to direct the OP to a better source for the resolution of their problem.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 8 of 18
Teacher

ruchirungta wrote:

I ordered a iphone 4 a month back on expedite shipping. They lost the phone for the fiorst time. After calling them up repeadetly for one month they ordered a new phone and this time to a "unknow address" (I dont know where thye pulled this address from). I was asked by the operator that I should have gone to Apple store and purchased the phone instead of calling them repeadly. I have been without a phone for a month and I have no clue if I am ever gonna receive the phone I payed $722. I am highly frustated. 

Yep.  If you bought it at the Apple store, you coulda saved $423.00 on the 32GB version (not incl. shipping), and probably received it within a week.

Message 9 of 18
Professor

How do you figure he could have saved $423 if he bought from Apple? The prices for the phone itself are the same from Apple or AT&T.

I'm assuming that he bought a locked no-contract 32GB, which is $699 (not $650).  I'm assuming that the extra $23 is for the expedited shipping.

Message 10 of 18
Teacher

dwill05 wrote:

How do you figure he could have saved $423 if he bought from Apple?

$722.00 - $299.00 = $423.00.

dwill05 wrote:

I'm assuming that he bought a locked no-contract 32GB, which is $699 (not $650).  I'm assuming that the extra $23 is for the expedited shipping.

Well then, don't assume. Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 18
Professor

The question remains, why do you think the price would have only been $299 from Apple? That's the price for a 32GB for someone eligible for an upgrade. If he was eligible for a full upgrade and wanted a 2-year contract, it would have been the same price if he ordered it from AT&T.

Your statement makes no sense whatsoever.

Message 12 of 18
Highlighted
Teacher

dwill05 wrote:

The question remains, why do you think the price would have only been $299 from Apple? That's the price for a 32GB for someone eligible for an upgrade. If he was eligible for a full upgrade and wanted a 2-year contract, it would have been the same price if he ordered it from AT&T.

Your statement makes no sense whatsoever.

No, yer's doesn't.  He never said he didn't want to be tied to a contract.   Anyway, $299 is the same price listed at http://www.att.com/global-search/search.jsp?App_ID=HOME&autoSuggest=&tabPressed=FALSE&q=iphone+4.  Now,  I'm wondering where the frak he got $722 from. I didn't see that price listed anywhere.

Also, i f he did want an iPhone with a no-contract deal, it'd still be cheaper to order from Apple ($649).

Message 13 of 18
Scholar

OP seems to have dropped off the face of the Earth. Wonder what's up.
Message 14 of 18
Professor

Nathrakh wrote:

Also, i f he did want an iPhone with a no-contract deal, it'd still be cheaper to order from Apple ($649).

Pricing is the SAME regardless of whether you purchase the device from Apple or AT&T.

Where do people get the crazy idea that AT&T charges more for the SAME device than Apple?

The $649/749 pricing from Apple is for the 16/32GB Unlocked versions.  AT&T does not sell these models.

The 16/32GB no-contract price is $599/699 from AT&T or Apple.

Message 15 of 18
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support