Helpful Links

old nokia5130 web help

Highlighted
Teacher

old nokia5130 web help

my name is mikle {Personal content removed for your safety} im in california and i hav a old nokia5130 and need help to use it on att sim for web 2011

[Subject edited as new thread was created] - moderator

Message 1 of 26
Master

Re: old nokia5130 web help

What happens when you try to use it for the web?

If you need to provision the at&t specific data settings, they've been provided very recently here in threads re: the E73 and the 5310.  Your menu options may be slightly different, so you'll need to locate the area for adding/editing data connection points on your 5130.

If that is not the issue or if you are uncertain of what the setting should be for a specific field(s) on your phone, with a little more detail someone out here can probably provide assistance. Smiley Happy

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 2 of 26
Teacher

can i down load the att web seting and msm seting i may need a lil help walking throw it to get it going nokia5130c2
Message 3 of 26
Teacher

well i hav it set up wit tmobil but dont get any servise so thats y i am usint att as to your question it say failed to conedt to the internet and win i go to setting thn to configurations thn to personal config.sett - it has my accesspoit, my globe,my isntant messaging,my multimedia,my web, i opened up my web it dont have home
Message 4 of 26
Teacher

-page as i seen a blog that u gav information on how to set it up so wit that missing dus that mak any dif as to seting it up if so how can i get a round that isue thank you for your help i know u may not like dealing with old phon modeals but thank you for your help and hope i can down lode the settings
Message 5 of 26
Teacher

when i had a isue with my wed setting tmobil sent thm to me with a password so i am hoping it can b that easy as well well you truly are a very smart man and i thank you for all that you do to help people that is truly grat
Message 6 of 26
Teacher

if you do send thm to my email that my not work? will it? thn how can i get it downloaded to the phon can i use a diferent phon to download it and use blue tooth to send it to the nokia5130c2 im thinking do to the fact that it dont hav home page in the wed setting icon i my hav to hav thm sent to the phon via txt or sumthn
Message 7 of 26
Master

If the phone has a settings wizard - take a look in your settings menu - you can use that to try to automatically obtain the appropriate settings from Nokia's website.

If it's actually an older T-Mo phone, unfortunately they have been known to hard lock their data settings so that they cannot be updated to those used by another carrier.  And I'm not certain if the lack of a "homepage" field in the settings group will completely prevent data access or not - sorry, I'm not really a "techie" and I don't understand well all the mechanics of what each setting actually does. Smiley Sad  Hopefully someone else here can clarify that point.

There are several "settings" related threads that come up at the top of the list in a search here for "Nokia 5310" that are marked as having "accepted solutions" - if you haven't already done so, I would take a look at those threads.  The 5130 and the 5310 appear to be similar models using the same version of the o/s, so I would think their menu options, etc. would be very similar - at least in phones with the generic Nokia firmware (i.e. "non-branded").

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 8 of 26
Teacher

ok i hav read that and a lil lost on my phon i found two settings areas in settings, under connectivity-packet data settings it is at when needed. and packet data settings-when nedded-active access point-access point 1.edit active access pt-alias for access point-access point 1. paecket data acc.pt-epc.toble.com ... and in the
Message 9 of 26
Teacher

2nd place under personal config.sett. how many do i mak do i hav to puch activate after i hav made it and if so do i hav to del the ones for t mobile the info you hav up on the mms setting look the same as my settings but as to the my web settings it only missing home page opp. but as to the rest it is the same configerings do i
Message 10 of 26
Teacher

do i hav to also make a my access point and my globe a my streaming or amy onstant messa and my multimedia m... i know im clos to figering it out well as of what i can do is txt and call only with att sim chip in nokia i dont konw if ther is any other place that i got to edit in the phon if so plz help out
Message 11 of 26
Teacher

i got it that you so much the web works grat i just need to get mms and strming setting for my nokia5130c2 do u know the streaming setings for it
Message 12 of 26
Teacher

ok i got the web but not mms to send picks or get thm and neen setings for striming
Message 13 of 26
Teacher

the setings you hav sed re 5330 to use on nokia 5130c2 did not work but i sen you sed you may hav had sumthing in the feald rong let me know what that is so i can get that fixed as well
Message 14 of 26
Master

Glad to hear you were able to work out the kinks with the web. Smiley Happy

The most important thing for MMS is that the homepage be set to "mmsc.cingular.com" in the access point settings group that is being used for MMS.  So if you don't have the homepage field, I don't know that you'll be able to get MMS to function.  In this case, it tells the phone where to look for the message.

And I've never done streaming, so I'm not going to be able to be of any assistance with those settings.  Hopefully someone else can help you out with it.

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

Message 15 of 26
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support