okay, probably a strange question.

Contributor

okay, probably a strange question.

So, i have a Sierra Wireless 875. First off.

TWO Questions.

One, it says voice enabled. it has a headset jack on it.
BUT
I dont know how to make calls with it, etc.

Secondly.
Is there a way i can transfer my plan over to my HTC 8125 so i can just dock that to my laptop and have internet on that too?
Message 1 of 3 (1,384 Views)
Master

Re: okay, probably a strange question.

charliefrench2oo8 wrote:

TWO Questions.

One, it says voice enabled. it has a headset jack on it.  << Voice may enabled on the account but the device itself cannot make calls.  Place the sim in a phone
BUT

Secondly.
Is there a way i can transfer my plan over to my HTC 8125 so i can just dock that to my laptop and have internet on that too?  << No.  Your account is under contract, cant transfer contracts from device to device.

Message 2 of 3 (1,370 Views)
LCT
Scholar

Re: okay, probably a strange question.

Excalibur wrote:

charliefrench2oo8 wrote:

TWO Questions.

One, it says voice enabled. it has a headset jack on it.  << Voice may enabled on the account but the device itself cannot make calls.  Place the sim in a phone
BUT

Secondly.
Is there a way i can transfer my plan over to my HTC 8125 so i can just dock that to my laptop and have internet on that too?  << No.  Your account is under contract, cant transfer contracts from device to device.

Actually the 875 can make voice calls you just need the right software, and a special headset, which isn't available through AT&T.  I wouldn't do it though...LaptopConnect plans do not come with any pooled minutes so you'd be paying whatever the overage charge is.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3 (1,323 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.