Helpful Links

okay, probably a strange question.

Contributor

okay, probably a strange question.

So, i have a Sierra Wireless 875. First off.

TWO Questions.

One, it says voice enabled. it has a headset jack on it.
BUT
I dont know how to make calls with it, etc.

Secondly.
Is there a way i can transfer my plan over to my HTC 8125 so i can just dock that to my laptop and have internet on that too?
Message 1 of 3
Master

Re: okay, probably a strange question.

charliefrench2oo8 wrote:

TWO Questions.

One, it says voice enabled. it has a headset jack on it.  << Voice may enabled on the account but the device itself cannot make calls.  Place the sim in a phone
BUT

Secondly.
Is there a way i can transfer my plan over to my HTC 8125 so i can just dock that to my laptop and have internet on that too?  << No.  Your account is under contract, cant transfer contracts from device to device.

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
LCT
Scholar

Re: okay, probably a strange question.

Excalibur wrote:

charliefrench2oo8 wrote:

TWO Questions.

One, it says voice enabled. it has a headset jack on it.  << Voice may enabled on the account but the device itself cannot make calls.  Place the sim in a phone
BUT

Secondly.
Is there a way i can transfer my plan over to my HTC 8125 so i can just dock that to my laptop and have internet on that too?  << No.  Your account is under contract, cant transfer contracts from device to device.

Actually the 875 can make voice calls you just need the right software, and a special headset, which isn't available through AT&T.  I wouldn't do it though...LaptopConnect plans do not come with any pooled minutes so you'd be paying whatever the overage charge is.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support