Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 7, 2010
2:54:31 PM
View profile
number porting, activation question...
I am an existing sprint customer, three lines, going out of contract on the 11th. I ordered three iP4s on 7/2 since they had a 7-14 day ship window... of course it looks like they're shipping today, arriving tomorrow. I DID NOT specify a port when I ordered, but now I need to know what I should do. Can I activate them when I get them, getting three new numbers... then port my existing numbers over on/after the 11th? I doubt I can sit on them (and hold off the family) until Sunday, but if that's the only option I will do that. I'm on hold now (well, for the past hour... yay headphones & skype) with the premier call center, but if someone here knows what the best approach is, I'm standing by Smiley Very Happy
I am an existing sprint customer, three lines, going out of contract on the 11th. I ordered three iP4s on 7/2 since they had a 7-14 day ship window... of course it looks like they're shipping today, arriving tomorrow. I DID NOT specify a port when I ordered, but now I need to know what I should do. Can I activate them when I get them, getting three new numbers... then port my existing numbers over on/after the 11th? I doubt I can sit on them (and hold off the family) until Sunday, but if that's the only option I will do that. I'm on hold now (well, for the past hour... yay headphones & skype) with the premier call center, but if someone here knows what the best approach is, I'm standing by Smiley Very Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

number porting, activation question...

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2010 2:56:53 PM
(0)
Teacher

What I've heard is that you have 30 days after purchase to port over a number. But another rep told me there is a fee of $26. If anyone has more on this chime in 

What I've heard is that you have 30 days after purchase to port over a number. But another rep told me there is a fee of $26. If anyone has more on this chime in 

Re: number porting, activation question...

2 of 6 (1,704 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2010 3:04:29 PM
(0)
Mentor

I ported 3 numbers.  I ordered over the phone.  I was told they waived the fee but only over the phone.  They said in store would charge me the 26

I ported 3 numbers.  I ordered over the phone.  I was told they waived the fee but only over the phone.  They said in store would charge me the 26

3 of 6 (1,689 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2010 3:18:32 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Just got through to a human. I did it the right way... since I didn't specify a port when I ordered, they assigned new numbers to the phones. I can activate and then port on the 11th, the rep said there would be no charge. The poor call center people sound like they're just chugging rock star energy drinks...
Just got through to a human. I did it the right way... since I didn't specify a port when I ordered, they assigned new numbers to the phones. I can activate and then port on the 11th, the rep said there would be no charge. The poor call center people sound like they're just chugging rock star energy drinks...
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (1,673 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2010 3:52:39 PM
(0)
Mentor

Sprint will cancel your account when they get the port request.

5 of 6 (1,652 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2010 4:25:55 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

kinsey38 wrote:

Yep, I understand how porting works. I was just trying to figure out what to do since I don't want to cancel until the 11th. As I said, AT&T shipped them and assigned new numbers already, so I can activate and then port on/after then 11th, no problem.

kinsey38 wrote:

Yep, I understand how porting works. I was just trying to figure out what to do since I don't want to cancel until the 11th. As I said, AT&T shipped them and assigned new numbers already, so I can activate and then port on/after then 11th, no problem.

6 of 6 (1,632 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments