number porting, activation question...

Highlighted
ACE - Professor

number porting, activation question...

I am an existing sprint customer, three lines, going out of contract on the 11th. I ordered three iP4s on 7/2 since they had a 7-14 day ship window... of course it looks like they're shipping today, arriving tomorrow. I DID NOT specify a port when I ordered, but now I need to know what I should do. Can I activate them when I get them, getting three new numbers... then port my existing numbers over on/after the 11th? I doubt I can sit on them (and hold off the family) until Sunday, but if that's the only option I will do that. I'm on hold now (well, for the past hour... yay headphones & skype) with the premier call center, but if someone here knows what the best approach is, I'm standing by Smiley Very Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 6 (1,718 Views)
Teacher

Re: number porting, activation question...

What I've heard is that you have 30 days after purchase to port over a number. But another rep told me there is a fee of $26. If anyone has more on this chime in 

Message 2 of 6 (1,716 Views)
Mentor

I ported 3 numbers.  I ordered over the phone.  I was told they waived the fee but only over the phone.  They said in store would charge me the 26

Message 3 of 6 (1,701 Views)
ACE - Professor

Just got through to a human. I did it the right way... since I didn't specify a port when I ordered, they assigned new numbers to the phones. I can activate and then port on the 11th, the rep said there would be no charge. The poor call center people sound like they're just chugging rock star energy drinks...
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6 (1,685 Views)
Mentor

Sprint will cancel your account when they get the port request.

Message 5 of 6 (1,664 Views)
ACE - Professor

kinsey38 wrote:

Sprint will cancel your account when they get the port request.

Yep, I understand how porting works. I was just trying to figure out what to do since I don't want to cancel until the 11th. As I said, AT&T shipped them and assigned new numbers already, so I can activate and then port on/after then 11th, no problem.

Message 6 of 6 (1,644 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.