not receiving text from sprint customers only

not receiving text from sprint customers only

Does anyone have any idea why I wouldnt receive any text from sprint customers only.  Just the pcs customers as I do get them from nextel ones.  Its weird.
Message 1 of 8 (3,965 Views)
Master

Re: not receiving text from sprint customers only

Can you get phone calls from these people?
Message 2 of 8 (3,960 Views)
Contributor

Do you have 3G phone because when i am in a 3G area it seems to do this, but when i am not in a 3G area my phone works just fine
Message 3 of 8 (3,953 Views)

I get calls from them fine and my texts go to them fine.  Its all the time for me.  I contacted att and they told me that their messages are not hitting the intercarrier platform whatever that is.  They said they called verisign which is who the messages get routed through and they're not seeing the messages leave the sprint network.  It stinks because i was a sprint/nextel customer and ported over to att and now it seems as though sprint still thinks im on their network.  I dont get it..any info?
Message 4 of 8 (3,921 Views)
Master

If you recently ported, it can take a little while for everything to "catch up" with where your service now is (at&t).  Incoming SMS seems to be the last thing to finalize the process in many cases. 

If you very recently ported (within the last week or so), give it a little more time - likely it will resolve itself on it's own.  However, if it's been more than a couple of weeks since you ported, I'd go ahead and contact the porting department (1-888-898-7685) and have them check into it for you.
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 5 of 8 (3,855 Views)

thanks for the tips guys but it got fixed...i ported 7 months ago and spint who i was with still had my phone number in their bulk messaging gatewat system as a sprint phone number therefore wouldnt allow the message to leave the sprint network.  I must say though, it took me a week of being on the phone with sprint under my wifes sprint account and flipping out on everybody before i got some level 1 tech to check out my number in all their messaging systems.
Message 6 of 8 (3,760 Views)
Master

Glad to hear it finally has been resolved for you.  Smiley Happy  It's certainly not acceptable when it takes 7 months and flipping out to get support staff to "listen", "think", and to take action. Smiley Sad
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 7 of 8 (3,733 Views)
Former Moderator

jay7227021 wrote:
thanks for the tips guys but it got fixed...i ported 7 months ago and spint who i was with still had my phone number in their bulk messaging gatewat system as a sprint phone number therefore wouldnt allow the message to leave the sprint network.  I must say though, it took me a week of being on the phone with sprint under my wifes sprint account and flipping out on everybody before i got some level 1 tech to check out my number in all their messaging systems.

Glad to hear that you were able to get this matter taken care. We appreciate you taking the time to return and advise the community of your outcome. Please feel free to open a new thread should you need further assistance. Thank you.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 8 of 8 (3,695 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.