Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 27, 2012
8:45:44 AM
View profile
nokia lumia 900 not starting

The phone is going straight to a white screen, it's not starting. I tried to reset it and everything and it didn't work. 

The phone is going straight to a white screen, it's not starting. I tried to reset it and everything and it didn't work. 

nokia lumia 900 not starting

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2012 9:07:06 AM
(0)
Scholar

Maybe it's completely dead? Charging it doesn't help?

Maybe it's completely dead? Charging it doesn't help?

Phones Owned (1999-Now): Nokia 5110, 3390, 3520, 6230, 6682, N72, 5800XM, Lumia 800, Lumia 900, Lumia 920 (Currently owned)

Re: nokia lumia 900 not starting

2 of 9 (6,446 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2012 10:54:29 AM
(0)
Master

If you let your Lumia battery completely drain, this could happen. I personally saw one of my friend's Lumia ended up like this and there are reports that others encountered the same problem. Unfortunately, the only solution is go exchange for a new phone. Some can leave it charged up and boot up normally (it need 2 to 3 hours) but in the case of friend's phone, nothing could bring it back to life.

If you let your Lumia battery completely drain, this could happen. I personally saw one of my friend's Lumia ended up like this and there are reports that others encountered the same problem. Unfortunately, the only solution is go exchange for a new phone. Some can leave it charged up and boot up normally (it need 2 to 3 hours) but in the case of friend's phone, nothing could bring it back to life.

3 of 9 (6,435 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2012 11:29:19 AM
(0)
Contributor

I got the phone from ebay, i'm not even sure where to take it to get it fixed. I called nokia, they are saying i need imei but my phone is dead. Also at&t store doesn't want to do anything as i didn't buy it from them. 

I live in DC so I'm going to go to tyson corner microsoft store and see what they can do for me. 

I got the phone from ebay, i'm not even sure where to take it to get it fixed. I called nokia, they are saying i need imei but my phone is dead. Also at&t store doesn't want to do anything as i didn't buy it from them. 

I live in DC so I'm going to go to tyson corner microsoft store and see what they can do for me. 

4 of 9 (6,430 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2012 4:31:00 PM
(0)
Contributor

So came to windows store sitting here. They need proof of purchase, and are being nice. So hopefully my brother has the convo he saved with the dude of craigslist.

So came to windows store sitting here. They need proof of purchase, and are being nice. So hopefully my brother has the convo he saved with the dude of craigslist.

5 of 9 (6,424 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2012 8:45:57 PM
(0)
Scholar

I had the same problem w/ my lumia 800. Took a while to charge back up. Later on it froze, did a soft reset and the phone worked fine after that. I would try to ask for a refund if i were you.

I had the same problem w/ my lumia 800. Took a while to charge back up. Later on it froze, did a soft reset and the phone worked fine after that. I would try to ask for a refund if i were you.

Phones Owned (1999-Now): Nokia 5110, 3390, 3520, 6230, 6682, N72, 5800XM, Lumia 800, Lumia 900, Lumia 920 (Currently owned)

6 of 9 (6,414 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2012 7:07:08 AM
(0)
Master
Your best bet is AT&T warranty center which I know there is at least one in DC area. Do you have the box with it? If so, IMEI number is printed on the box. Otherwise, you maybe out of luck.
Your best bet is AT&T warranty center which I know there is at least one in DC area. Do you have the box with it? If so, IMEI number is printed on the box. Otherwise, you maybe out of luck.

7 of 9 (6,406 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2012 5:35:15 PM
(0)
Scholar

My Lumia 900 that I ordered from AT&T directly came with a dead battery and I had to charge it. At first it went to a white screen and didnt start so I unplugged the charger from the phone and waited for it turn off and then plugged it back in. My phone started after about 30min and then the screen displayed the battery low alert and was frozen. I then pressed the power button until it turned off and then plugged it in to charge again and left it and it started up and was working properly.

My Lumia 900 that I ordered from AT&T directly came with a dead battery and I had to charge it. At first it went to a white screen and didnt start so I unplugged the charger from the phone and waited for it turn off and then plugged it back in. My phone started after about 30min and then the screen displayed the battery low alert and was frozen. I then pressed the power button until it turned off and then plugged it in to charge again and left it and it started up and was working properly.

8 of 9 (6,397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2012 7:37:50 AM
(0)
Contributor

Hi, only reason I started reading this form is because I had the white screen experience today. I woke up this morning took my lumia off its charger to find that it never charged last night. I thought that it was just an issue with the battery graphic so I ignored the critical warning and decided to listen to my podcast on my way to work as usual. My phone freezes and shuts off when I arrive to work. I had a problem with my phone previously shutting off when I used a micro blackberry USB cable to charge it. The only remedy to this was to actually use my factory charging cable and plug it into my PC to actually get to turn back on. Today I performed the same thing got a white white and a battery graphic with some some red juice I have since plugged it into a wall outlet and keeping my fingers crossed at this point!

For some reason my nokia battery graphic is seldom accurate when charging I know they have had problems with this in the past I don't want to have to switch back to an iphone because I love my lumia...

Hi, only reason I started reading this form is because I had the white screen experience today. I woke up this morning took my lumia off its charger to find that it never charged last night. I thought that it was just an issue with the battery graphic so I ignored the critical warning and decided to listen to my podcast on my way to work as usual. My phone freezes and shuts off when I arrive to work. I had a problem with my phone previously shutting off when I used a micro blackberry USB cable to charge it. The only remedy to this was to actually use my factory charging cable and plug it into my PC to actually get to turn back on. Today I performed the same thing got a white white and a battery graphic with some some red juice I have since plugged it into a wall outlet and keeping my fingers crossed at this point!

For some reason my nokia battery graphic is seldom accurate when charging I know they have had problems with this in the past I don't want to have to switch back to an iphone because I love my lumia...

9 of 9 (6,207 Views)