Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 9, 2011
9:59:10 AM
View profile
nokia gophone problem

my nokia6030cellphone just shows messagetoinsertsmartchip/does that mean i need a new chip?ior can this one be renewed?

my nokia6030cellphone just shows messagetoinsertsmartchip/does that mean i need a new chip?ior can this one be renewed?

nokia gophone problem

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2011 3:48:55 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Is there a SIM card (that's what the "smart chip" is) inside the phone? If you are not sure, it is likely located behind the battery of the phone.

If your current SIM is deactivated, it cannot be re-activated, so you will have to get a new one.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Is there a SIM card (that's what the "smart chip" is) inside the phone? If you are not sure, it is likely located behind the battery of the phone.

If your current SIM is deactivated, it cannot be re-activated, so you will have to get a new one.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: nokia gophone problem

2 of 3 (151 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2011 7:56:04 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by hme83 on Nov 15, 2011 at 7:58:56 AM

suebryant wrote:

If your last refill expiration date was more than 60 days ago, then you account/SIM have likely been permanently deactivated and you would need to obtain a new SIM/account/phone number.

If that's not the situation and it's an older SIM you might try cleaning the gold contacts on the SIM (gently, with a pencil eraser).  They may have gotten dirty with time/aren't making a good connection any longer.

If it's a newer SIM and was previously used with a different GoPhone, it's possible the SIM is locked to the original GoPhone that it was activated with and would need to be "unlocked" by customer service for use with your 6030.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

suebryant wrote:

If your last refill expiration date was more than 60 days ago, then you account/SIM have likely been permanently deactivated and you would need to obtain a new SIM/account/phone number.

If that's not the situation and it's an older SIM you might try cleaning the gold contacts on the SIM (gently, with a pencil eraser).  They may have gotten dirty with time/aren't making a good connection any longer.

If it's a newer SIM and was previously used with a different GoPhone, it's possible the SIM is locked to the original GoPhone that it was activated with and would need to be "unlocked" by customer service for use with your 6030.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: nokia gophone problem

[ Edited ]
3 of 3 (132 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments