Wireless Forums

Posted Aug 26, 2010
10:06:50 PM
View profile
no more PTT

Not that there ever was a useful PTT system with AT&T but now I was told at the ATT store that PTT has been dropped altogether.

Had ATT been compatible with Nextel it would have sold a lot more.

Just another reason to switch!

Not that there ever was a useful PTT system with AT&T but now I was told at the ATT store that PTT has been dropped altogether.

Had ATT been compatible with Nextel it would have sold a lot more.

Just another reason to switch!

no more PTT

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2010 3:10:35 PM
(0)
Professor

PTT was never a strongpoint. Now, I don't think it was cancelled or this forum would have been removed.

I would have loved to use it if more phones would support it. But I don't think integration with Nextel is possible, technology wise.

PTT was never a strongpoint. Now, I don't think it was cancelled or this forum would have been removed.

I would have loved to use it if more phones would support it. But I don't think integration with Nextel is possible, technology wise.

Re: no more PTT

2 of 6 (1,550 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2010 3:24:31 PM
(0)
Teacher

THIS WAS SUCH A BIG ISSUE FOR ME!    att tried to push the PTT network 2-3 years ago... I bought the lg 400 X2 and a blackberry curve, just becuase they had the ability for PTT.... AT&T still offer this PTT system for A GRAND PRICE OF 5$ for unlimited PTT on one line! cheap eh... only problem is that there is still ONLY a few phones that carry the ability... yes another downside was it was only mobile 2 mobile so no integration with any other provider is avail.  BUT COST WISE IS GREAT.  on the flip side after about 3 months i did remove PTT from my account and both lg phones crapped out real quickly and the bb curve 8310 still works to this day. it was just easier to call someone.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

THIS WAS SUCH A BIG ISSUE FOR ME!    att tried to push the PTT network 2-3 years ago... I bought the lg 400 X2 and a blackberry curve, just becuase they had the ability for PTT.... AT&T still offer this PTT system for A GRAND PRICE OF 5$ for unlimited PTT on one line! cheap eh... only problem is that there is still ONLY a few phones that carry the ability... yes another downside was it was only mobile 2 mobile so no integration with any other provider is avail.  BUT COST WISE IS GREAT.  on the flip side after about 3 months i did remove PTT from my account and both lg phones crapped out real quickly and the bb curve 8310 still works to this day. it was just easier to call someone.

3 of 6 (1,543 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2011 8:45:49 PM
(0)
Contributor

This is just bad information my friend.  AT&T PTT is being offered on more phones and is included with BB OS 6 Curve and Torch.

Adam

This is just bad information my friend.  AT&T PTT is being offered on more phones and is included with BB OS 6 Curve and Torch.

Adam

4 of 6 (649 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 29, 2011 6:24:24 PM
(0)
Tutor

May be because it has a small market and more cost in paid on the developers. :smileyhappy:

May be because it has a small market and more cost in paid on the developers. :smileyhappy:

5 of 6 (616 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2011 9:33:55 AM
(0)
Scholar
When and where is the push to talk being included on the torch? I have blackberry 6 installed and have yet to see that function?
When and where is the push to talk being included on the torch? I have blackberry 6 installed and have yet to see that function?

6 of 6 (586 Views)