Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 17, 2012
10:20:39 AM
View profile
new phone

I currently have an Iphone 4 and its been about two years since I purchased it, slowly but surely it has begun to lag and fade on me. I wanted to wait to see what the Iphone 5 was all about, but I am unsure I will be able to make it until then. I am looking for solid advice from the techies here on the ATT forum for suggestions as to what I should do.

I have already owned a blackberry and the route that RIM is headed shows to me I do NOT want another one of their phones. I also have had an android Samsung galaxy to be exact, problem with android is; something better is constantly coming out. I have also owned a Motorola q, at the infancy of windows phones. I have no loyalty to really any product or OS. So any and all advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Sony ion arc... iphone 5.... nokia lumia....

Any ideas? 

Thanks,

Rick

I currently have an Iphone 4 and its been about two years since I purchased it, slowly but surely it has begun to lag and fade on me. I wanted to wait to see what the Iphone 5 was all about, but I am unsure I will be able to make it until then. I am looking for solid advice from the techies here on the ATT forum for suggestions as to what I should do.

I have already owned a blackberry and the route that RIM is headed shows to me I do NOT want another one of their phones. I also have had an android Samsung galaxy to be exact, problem with android is; something better is constantly coming out. I have also owned a Motorola q, at the infancy of windows phones. I have no loyalty to really any product or OS. So any and all advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Any ideas? 

Thanks,

Rick

new phone

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2012 3:59:23 PM
(0)
Expert

rickd21 wrote:

Any ideas? 

Thanks,

Rick

iphone 5 does not exist, so the closest would be the 4S, not sure about the others

rickd21 wrote:

Any ideas? 

Thanks,

Rick

iphone 5 does not exist, so the closest would be the 4S, not sure about the others

Re: new phone

2 of 4 (176 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2012 6:15:37 PM
(0)
Contributor

oh i am aware the iphone 5 does not exist... those three phones are yet to be realized. i am asking for the advice as to what i should wait for

oh i am aware the iphone 5 does not exist... those three phones are yet to be realized. i am asking for the advice as to what i should wait for

3 of 4 (173 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2012 8:07:15 PM
(0)
Professor
Let's use the process of elimination.

Blackberry is out, by your own elimination.

Windows and Android are eliminated because any OS that is used by multiple manufacturers will always be constantly upgraded. It happens with competition. Actually, most of us consider this good, but you don't.

Sounds like Apple is your only choice. One manufacturer ensures that upgrades are done on their schedule.
Let's use the process of elimination.

Blackberry is out, by your own elimination.

Windows and Android are eliminated because any OS that is used by multiple manufacturers will always be constantly upgraded. It happens with competition. Actually, most of us consider this good, but you don't.

Sounds like Apple is your only choice. One manufacturer ensures that upgrades are done on their schedule.

4 of 4 (165 Views)