new phone

Highlighted
Contributor

new phone

i have a phone iwanted to use at home but the microcell will not work with it, under network setting it has att 3G

i have connected to the att service when i went shopping, but come back to the house and nothing

could someone tell me if this phone should work. its a maxwest

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=BLK-BB2500WT&cat=CEL

Message 1 of 4 (336 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: new phone

sixguns69 wrote:

i have a phone iwanted to use at home but the microcell will not work with it, under network setting it has att 3G

i have connected to the att service when i went shopping, but come back to the house and nothing

could someone tell me if this phone should work. its a maxwest

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=BLK-BB2500WT&cat=CEL

If you have an AT&T account and get the service everywhere but inside your house ,then it could be the way your MicroCell is setup. However, this appears to be an unlocked phone so who knows what happened to the phone during the unlocking process.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (323 Views)
Contributor

i tried setting up a data account and MMS, and from what im seeing from other forums people have been using unlocked phones as long as they can on 1900, which this phone can. and i have read any 3g phone will work.

Message 3 of 4 (318 Views)
ACE - Master

sixguns69 wrote:

i tried setting up a data account and MMS, and from what im seeing from other forums people have been using unlocked phones as long as they can on 1900, which this phone can. and i have read any 3g phone will work.

I don't really understand what you're doing. You need to have an AT&T account (AT&T SIM card or whatever) to use the MicroCell. You don't need a data account. I have 5 AT&T cell phones using our MicroCell. 2 old Samsungs with no data accounts and 3 iPhone 3Gs with the mandatory data accounts. All work just fine. We even have 5 other phones (extended family members) on our MicroCell account with various functions and they all work fine. If you have a legitimate AT&T account then your phone should work unless there is a problem with the way the MicroCell is setup. Other than that, I'd suspect your  unlocked phone.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4 (298 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.