network unlock code

Contributor

network unlock code

[ Edited ]

can you help me to unlock my samsung eternity? i need the unlock code... {Personal content removed for your saftey}

Message 1 of 4 (6,256 Views)
Expert

Re: network unlock code

raquelhonda wrote:

Can you help me to unlock my samsung eternity? i need the unlock code...

Your best bet is to call customer care from another phone at 1-800-331-0500 and ask them for the subsidy unlock code for the phone.

Message 2 of 4 (6,223 Views)
Contributor

Hi there .

I traveled for a month in USA and got a Go phone from ATT. I have a Samsung sgh a177. can i use it now in Europe. ?

How can i unlock the network?

Is there an email at ATT in order to contact ?

thnx greg

Message 3 of 4 (5,481 Views)
Professor

gtambasis wrote:

Hi there .

I traveled for a month in USA and got a Go phone from ATT. I have a Samsung sgh a177. can i use it now in Europe. ?

How can i unlock the network?

Is there an email at ATT in order to contact ?

thnx greg

How to unlock your att wireless Phone
Here is what I did.  I have all of my phone unlocked

1. Called att wireless from my mobile (611) on Sunday.  (Yes CSR was open Sunday with a real person.  That surprised me)
  2. Explained to CSR that I needed my phone unlocked to use foreign SIM cards.  I explained to her that I would be traveling regularly and using the phone regularly overseas for a year.
  3. CSR requested my IMEI code.
  4. CSR filled out a request form and verified once again that I was the owner of the phone.
  5. CSR submitted request to "management" and said that I would receive a response NLT 7 days from today and provided me a time and date to call back after if I had not heard back via email with unlock instructions.
  6. CSR verified my email address I wanted to be contacted at.
  7. Approximately 18 hours later I received an email from att wireless with unlock instructions provided and the AH Subsidy unlock code for my IMEI.

Easy.  That was it.  Very good CSR experience.  Thank you att wireless.

You cannot enter your new unlock code UNTIL you have another SIM to enter into the phone.  Just keep your unlock email handy for that moment.

Message 4 of 4 (5,456 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.