Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 30, 2012
7:45:03 AM
View profile
need unlock settings for a Motorola Ming A1200
Edited by emeraldheart on May 30, 2012 at 7:47:35 AM

I can't find a single AT&T phone I like on the web or in the local store and the only Motorola flip phone I see is way too expensive even with a 2 yr service contract and then they want an activation fee on top of it??? 

I found a used Motorola Ming A1200 that sounds/looks like what I'd want and I need the settings for it

phone, messages, data and so . . .

I've heard there are some AT&T services that won't work with an unlocked phone . . . if there are, what are they?

What happens if you get a data phone but don't want to get data pkg?  Barely able to pay bill as it is . . .

I can't find a single AT&T phone I like on the web or in the local store and the only Motorola flip phone I see is way too expensive even with a 2 yr service contract and then they want an activation fee on top of it??? 

I found a used Motorola Ming A1200 that sounds/looks like what I'd want and I need the settings for it

I've heard there are some AT&T services that won't work with an unlocked phone . . . if there are, what are they?

What happens if you get a data phone but don't want to get data pkg?  Barely able to pay bill as it is . . .

need unlock settings for a Motorola Ming A1200

[ Edited ]
3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2012 12:10:33 AM
(0)
Contributor

what I need to know is the ATT account settings for this phone as it's the only one I've found that I thought I'd like;  also need answers to #2 & #3

what I need to know is the ATT account settings for this phone as it's the only one I've found that I thought I'd like;  also need answers to #2 & #3

Re: correction :::: need settings for an unlocked Motorola Ming A1200

2 of 4 (563 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2012 3:45:58 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Jun 7, 2012 at 3:46:59 AM

emeraldheart wrote:

1. it might work, but you are also going to pay the activation fee no matter what. If looking at the review - this good be a issue in usage

The bad: The Motorola Ming A1200's interface was occasionally sluggish and the call volume tended to be low. Its virtual keyboard is tiny and the microSD card slot is in an inconvenient location. Also, it lacks 3G and Wi-Fi, and the internal memory is quite low.

2. unlocked or locked, if the phone is comptible the features should work in a normal account, pay as you go can;t anser that. thje simple fact that it does not operate on 3G could be an issue since edhe is being phased out in some locations

3. The review designates it as a smartphone, if the carrier determines that it is a smartphone the data plan will be added auotmaticly, this is in the terms of service that you agree to when you get the account to utilizie their infrastructure.

emeraldheart wrote:

1. it might work, but you are also going to pay the activation fee no matter what. If looking at the review - this good be a issue in usage

The bad: The Motorola Ming A1200's interface was occasionally sluggish and the call volume tended to be low. Its virtual keyboard is tiny and the microSD card slot is in an inconvenient location. Also, it lacks 3G and Wi-Fi, and the internal memory is quite low.

2. unlocked or locked, if the phone is comptible the features should work in a normal account, pay as you go can;t anser that. thje simple fact that it does not operate on 3G could be an issue since edhe is being phased out in some locations

3. The review designates it as a smartphone, if the carrier determines that it is a smartphone the data plan will be added auotmaticly, this is in the terms of service that you agree to when you get the account to utilizie their infrastructure.

Re: need unlock settings for a Motorola Ming A1200

[ Edited ]
3 of 4 (558 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2012 4:58:50 AM
(0)
Contributor

thank you . . . this information was definitely a decision maker . . . no Ming

thank you . . . this information was definitely a decision maker . . . no Ming

Re: need unlock settings for a Motorola Ming A1200