need a sticky about unlocking iphones.

Professor

need a sticky about unlocking iphones.

mods please post a STICKY saying AT&T or Apple will not unlock a locked iphone. to many threads are popping up.

Message 1 of 9 (1,195 Views)
Professor

Re: need a sticky about unlocking iphones.

Unfortunately, you could probably post a sticky with large flashing letters, and people would still post.

I'd like to see a posting button like the reply and quick reply button which you can press and it automatically posts a message with the standard answer, as well as locking the thread since there really isn't much more to say. First one to see an unlocking post, just hits the button, it provides the answer, and everyone moves on.
Message 2 of 9 (1,193 Views)
Professor

dwill05 wrote:
Unfortunately, you could probably post a sticky with large flashing letters, and people would still post.

I'd like to see a posting button like the reply and quick reply button which you can press and it automatically posts a message with the standard answer, as well as locking the thread since there really isn't much more to say. First one to see an unlocking post, just hits the button, it provides the answer, and everyone moves on.

i agree.

Message 3 of 9 (1,163 Views)
Expert

graphite07 wrote:

dwill05 wrote:

i agree.

Unfortunately this is correct, but it might help - maybe make it 18 point bold and change the text colour to neon green, blue and red letters and if just might be noticed

Message 4 of 9 (1,151 Views)
Former Employee

Most forums have a rule that everyone must search for answers to similar questions first and if people still post a question that has been answered many times already mods just delete them.

Message 5 of 9 (1,132 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

drumn_bass wrote:

Most forums have a rule that everyone must search for answers to similar questions first and if people still post a question that has been answered many times already mods just delete them.

If they did that here they you have to hire at least 6 people to cover the forums 7x24x365 just removing these types of posts

Message 6 of 9 (1,127 Views)
Scholar

Lol just ignore the posts dont bother replying to them
😌
Message 7 of 9 (1,097 Views)
Master

graphite07 wrote:

dwill05 wrote:

i agree.

Create a Macro in your settings.  Take note of the dropbox next to the quote button when replying to a message.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 8 of 9 (1,081 Views)
Master

What these forums needs is a hueristics function that reviews a new thread being started and present the poster with some potential solutions to their problem then give them the option to post their message anyways.  Most new posters don't search first so at least this might put an asnwer in front of them? Of course they will always think their situation is unique!

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 9 of 9 (1,080 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.