name on phone

Contributor

name on phone

We have 4 phones.  All of them have my husband's name appearing when we make calls to someone else.  How can we change the name on each phone so that my daughters and I can make calls and the person receiving the call knows that it is one of us and not my husband who is calling?

Message 1 of 7 (614 Views)
Master

Re: name on phone

[ Edited ]

Call customer service and have them update the names on each line.  You may also be able to do it via the "My Account" option above in the orange bar.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

For hearing or speech impaired: 1-866-241-6567

{Personal content removed for safety}

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 7 (605 Views)
Guru

I was told the only way was by calling customer support and they said they did it but all the phones still come up under the account holders name.
Message 3 of 7 (567 Views)

I have a secondary line and caller ID shows their name, not mine. I went into my online account and made a user profile for that line with their name, address, email address, etc. You should be able to do this online! I never contacted CS.

Message 4 of 7 (563 Views)
Guru

I have user Profiles set up on all my lines and it still shows my name not theirs.
Message 5 of 7 (555 Views)

That's really strange. I've had both lines since Jan 1997 and the caller ID has always shown both of us. Maybe it really is something CS isn't doing right?

Message 6 of 7 (548 Views)
Former Employee

No, when customer care changes a name on the line, AT&T forwards it to all other phone service providers, and it takes time for them to update their systems, found this:

1. Call at&t tech support and have them fix your caller id.

2. The change is instant on at&t landlines, so call an at&t landline number to verify it was changed correctly. If it still shows wrong, then they didn't do it right.

The waiting process of up to 72 hours is so other landline companies can update their caller id database. Landline carriers must pay to update their info, so they don't do it very often. Comcast, Cox and Verizon are the worst at doing this. The gov't minimum is twice per year - so it's possible Comcast may not update theirs for a while. I hope this clears things up a little.

Easy to find where the problem is.

Message 7 of 7 (542 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.