music app: does streaming data count for monthly data plan?

Contributor

music app: does streaming data count for monthly data plan?

[ Edited ]

hello,

i'm a swiss student doing a research on how mobile providers in the world deal with data charge and self-offered streaming services (i.e. not external services, like youtube or pandora).

i would like to know if data used in your app at&t music does have an impact in terms of charge on the amount of data available for users every month

when you launched the service, in 2010 [third party link removed] users with unlimited data plan had just to pay a monthy fee for the service (so, i assume since it was part of unlimited data plan, data weren't counting any way).

no that unlimited plans are gone, what is the situation?

thanks in advance for letting me make some progress in my research! Smiley Happy

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Message 1 of 5 (822 Views)

Re: music app: does streaming data count for monthly data plan?

Any service, whether it's an AT&T offered one or a third-party service, is treated the same as far as data usage goes. Tiered users pay for overages, and unlimited users face throttling when they cross a certain usage threshold. 

Just so you know, this is a user-based forum. AT&T doesn't really answer questions in here. This forum is designed for users to help other users find answers to their questions or problems.

Message 2 of 5 (803 Views)
Contributor

ok then, thank you for your answer and for the clarification about the design of the forum Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 5 (800 Views)
Scholar

BadBadLeroyBrown wrote:

Any service, whether it's an AT&T offered one or a third-party service, is treated the same as far as data usage goes. Tiered users pay for overages, and unlimited users face throttling when they cross a certain usage threshold. 

Not necessarily. Verizon users who had unlimited data on their 3G or 4G LTE smartphones were grandfathered in after they started their caps.

Sprint remains the only one of the major wireless carriers with true unlimited data. With Sprint, customers can download as much as they want without overages, caps, throttling, etc. etc.

Message 4 of 5 (713 Views)
Employee

I think he is talking about att offered apps or apps offered by 3rd parties. Nit other carriers
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 5 (660 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.