Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 13, 2008
3:20:56 PM
View profile
mobile to mobile messaging
i have a texting plan. is texting another att member free?
i have a texting plan. is texting another att member free?

mobile to mobile messaging

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 13, 2008 3:40:29 PM
(0)
Master
Edited by Zandora on Mar 13, 2008 at 4:23:05 PM
Unfortunately, no.

Every text counts against your plan. Each incoming text counts as 1 msg; each outgoing text counts as one msg (as long as the text msgs are under 160 chars. Each 160 chars is one msg. So if you send a text that is 161 chars, it counts as 2 msgs!)

Message Edited by csp_gp on 03-13-2008 07:23:05 PM
Unfortunately, no.

Every text counts against your plan. Each incoming text counts as 1 msg; each outgoing text counts as one msg (as long as the text msgs are under 160 chars. Each 160 chars is one msg. So if you send a text that is 161 chars, it counts as 2 msgs!)

Message Edited by csp_gp on 03-13-2008 07:23:05 PM
Posted from my Samsung Captivate

Re: mobile to mobile messaging

[ Edited ]
2 of 3 (1,098 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2008 11:03:56 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Only if you have one of the older messaging plans which included mobile to mobile texting would messages to/from other at&t customers not count against your message package allotment.  These plans are no longer currently offered (IIRC they were discontinued February 20, 2008), so if you have one of the currently offered plans, then all messages are considered.
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Only if you have one of the older messaging plans which included mobile to mobile texting would messages to/from other at&t customers not count against your message package allotment.  These plans are no longer currently offered (IIRC they were discontinued February 20, 2008), so if you have one of the currently offered plans, then all messages are considered.
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: mobile to mobile messaging

3 of 3 (1,041 Views)