microcell problems with iPhone 3GS

Contributor

microcell problems with iPhone 3GS

We have a microcell and two iPhone 3 wireless phones connected via an AT&T 2wire router. I had this all working just fine and then I went on a 10 day trip. Since coming back we cannot get the iPhones to use the microcell. One will work, but not the other. The two phones have taken turns on this behavior. I have tried every possible iphone setting change, router POR, microcell POR, etc. I know all these hardware boxes are working fine individually. I can make calls through the microcell with one of the iPhones, but the other phone refuses to see it. I suspect either an iPhone or networking problem, but have run out of things to try (and I do have some real work of my own to do!). All the hardware just sat for 10 days while I was gone.

Anybody have any idea what is wrong?

Message 1 of 4 (1,055 Views)
Contributor

Re: microcell problems with iPhone 3GS

I also have a iPhone 3GsHow is your problem coming along?  Any resolution?  My micro cell has been working great for over a year now.  Recently I upgraded from 1.5M ADSL to 7M VDSL and now I am having intermittent signal to my iPhone 3Gs.

Is there a 800 number to call to report Micro Cell troubles to?

Message 2 of 4 (985 Views)
ACE - Master

You can call AT&T MicroCell Support but you won't get anywhere. Unfortunately, they are pretty much useless unless you're lucky enough to find someone who cares and has useful suggestions. We have 3 iPhone 3Gs with no problems what so ever. If you're recently upgraded your connection you might want to check that outgoing traffic, at least from the MicroCell, is given priority. You may have to make some router config changes as well (I did). I'm assuming that your new connection is not PPoE because that has been reported as having some real issues with the MicroCell.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4 (974 Views)
Guru

iPhones and microcells don't get along. There is a very long thread about call placement delays that talks about this. AT&T has been promising a fix for months now. I finally gave up and went with Verizon.
Message 4 of 4 (957 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.