microcell behind Asus wireless router

Highlighted
Contributor

microcell behind Asus wireless router

the 3g light on my microcell has recently begun to cycle of and on.  time period is random but it can be abought 10 minutes on and about 1 minute off.

my setup is comcast- motorola surfboard- asus 1g router- 3gmicrocell.

ie i am running a 1g network.

AT&T support had me reconfigure the setup to have the 3gmicrocell connect directly to the modem nad then have the asus router connect to hte computer port on the 3gmicrocell.

When the router is connected to the modem the lite indicates a 1g connection but when i connect the router to the 3gmicrocell the 1g light goes dark.

Question---does the 3gmicrocell limit the connection speed? or is it 1g compatible?

Message 1 of 2 (612 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: microcell behind Asus wireless router

What support had you do was set up in priority mode which is used for troubleshooting. For some, that's the only way they can get the MicroCell to work reliably. It sounds like the MicroCell will limit your connectivity to something less than 1G. If your MicroCell works reliably and you don't see a hit on your network, I wouldn't worry about it. Otherwise if you want to set it up in non-priority mode, you'll probably have to make some router config changes. Unfortunately, support will be of no help at all.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (605 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.