Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 3, 2011
9:31:59 AM
View profile
microCell

On my end it's 3G and 5 bars and I hear great BUT on the other end I am told I am breaking up , Has anyone else had this problem?

On my end it's 3G and 5 bars and I hear great BUT on the other end I am told I am breaking up , Has anyone else had this problem?

microCell

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2011 12:49:57 PM
(0)
Guru

Assuming, for the moment, that this is not a problem with the AT&T backend servers, it sounds to me like your Microcell is not getting priority on the uplink bandwidth for your internet connection.

The solution is to either use the so-called "priority mode" installation (where your Microcell is between your NAT router and your modem), or to configure your router to give outbound priority to the Microcell's packets.

Assuming, for the moment, that this is not a problem with the AT&T backend servers, it sounds to me like your Microcell is not getting priority on the uplink bandwidth for your internet connection.

The solution is to either use the so-called "priority mode" installation (where your Microcell is between your NAT router and your modem), or to configure your router to give outbound priority to the Microcell's packets.

Re: microCell

2 of 2 (352 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments