micro cell

Scholar

micro cell

Hi there. Does anyone know if AT&T is still offering free micro cell for people who have low coverage
Message 1 of 7
ACE - Master

Re: micro cell

That seemed to be region-based because it didn't seem to be offered everywhere. If you have a documented history of low/no coverage calls to AT&T you may be able to get one at a discounted price.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTMobilityCare

"Quick Tips: My Microcell Doesn't Work"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
Teacher

It also seems to depend on your household spend with ATT.  Multiple cell accounts or large family plan+ ATT Uverse subscriber= manager likely to say OK.  One person with a $50 total monthly ATT bill is likely to get shot down.

Message 3 of 7
Scholar

I got two phones.I called AT&T and they said I can get it for 99 dollars. I turn then down.
Message 4 of 7
ACE - Master

We have a single family legacy plan and that's it. I paid $80 for mine way back when, after repeated calls to support for poor coverage.

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTMobilityCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 7
Tutor

It's funny how everyone I know that has one got it for free. I am a 12 year customer and they want $200 for one. They eventually said I would qualify for a $100 rebate when I said that's not going to cut it they said they would also give me a $60 credit. I would still have to pay $200 up front. I told them since I am not currently under contract my girlfriend and I will see if verizon can help us out. I am not happy.
Message 6 of 7
ACE - Master

danzigman wrote:
It's funny how everyone I know that has one got it for free. I am a 12 year customer and they want $200 for one. They eventually said I would qualify for a $100 rebate when I said that's not going to cut it they said they would also give me a $60 credit. I would still have to pay $200 up front. I told them since I am not currently under contract my girlfriend and I will see if verizon can help us out. I am not happy.

That's similar to how I got mine. I paid upfront but got an immediate credit on my monthly bill so it was a wash, with the exception of the $80 which I didn't consider bad at the time. And, they were not offering free MicroCells back then. Of course I had a well documented history with them for poor coverage in my house. That may be how some got their's for free. Or more likely, it was pure marketing on AT&Ts part which has no rhyme or reason to it.

Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support