Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 18, 2012
4:11:33 PM
micro cell
Hi there. Does anyone know if AT&T is still offering free micro cell for people who have low coverage
Hi there. Does anyone know if AT&T is still offering free micro cell for people who have low coverage

micro cell

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 22, 2012 8:50:59 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

That seemed to be region-based because it didn't seem to be offered everywhere. If you have a documented history of low/no coverage calls to AT&T you may be able to get one at a discounted price.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

That seemed to be region-based because it didn't seem to be offered everywhere. If you have a documented history of low/no coverage calls to AT&T you may be able to get one at a discounted price.

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: micro cell

2 of 7 (6,063 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 22, 2012 1:36:45 PM
(0)
Teacher

It also seems to depend on your household spend with ATT.  Multiple cell accounts or large family plan+ ATT Uverse subscriber= manager likely to say OK.  One person with a $50 total monthly ATT bill is likely to get shot down.

It also seems to depend on your household spend with ATT.  Multiple cell accounts or large family plan+ ATT Uverse subscriber= manager likely to say OK.  One person with a $50 total monthly ATT bill is likely to get shot down.

3 of 7 (6,047 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 22, 2012 2:10:09 PM
(0)
Scholar
I got two phones.I called AT&T and they said I can get it for 99 dollars. I turn then down.
I got two phones.I called AT&T and they said I can get it for 99 dollars. I turn then down.

4 of 7 (6,043 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 23, 2012 8:40:46 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
We have a single family legacy plan and that's it. I paid $80 for mine way back when, after repeated calls to support for poor coverage.

We have a single family legacy plan and that's it. I paid $80 for mine way back when, after repeated calls to support for poor coverage.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 7 (5,996 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2012 3:53:08 PM
(0)
Tutor
It's funny how everyone I know that has one got it for free. I am a 12 year customer and they want $200 for one. They eventually said I would qualify for a $100 rebate when I said that's not going to cut it they said they would also give me a $60 credit. I would still have to pay $200 up front. I told them since I am not currently under contract my girlfriend and I will see if verizon can help us out. I am not happy.
It's funny how everyone I know that has one got it for free. I am a 12 year customer and they want $200 for one. They eventually said I would qualify for a $100 rebate when I said that's not going to cut it they said they would also give me a $60 credit. I would still have to pay $200 up front. I told them since I am not currently under contract my girlfriend and I will see if verizon can help us out. I am not happy.

6 of 7 (5,909 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 25, 2012 11:44:27 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

danzigman wrote:

That's similar to how I got mine. I paid upfront but got an immediate credit on my monthly bill so it was a wash, with the exception of the $80 which I didn't consider bad at the time. And, they were not offering free MicroCells back then. Of course I had a well documented history with them for poor coverage in my house. That may be how some got their's for free. Or more likely, it was pure marketing on AT&Ts part which has no rhyme or reason to it.

danzigman wrote:

That's similar to how I got mine. I paid upfront but got an immediate credit on my monthly bill so it was a wash, with the exception of the $80 which I didn't consider bad at the time. And, they were not offering free MicroCells back then. Of course I had a well documented history with them for poor coverage in my house. That may be how some got their's for free. Or more likely, it was pure marketing on AT&Ts part which has no rhyme or reason to it.

7 of 7 (5,852 Views)