Helpful Links

long-standing customer means nothing to at&t

Contributor

long-standing customer means nothing to at&t

I've been a loyal at&t customer since 2006 and have multiple lines on my account. I lost my phone and have no backup....I'm eligible for a discounted 2-yr contract price on 5/13.....28 days away.  They WON'T budge to get their loyal customer into a phone and back up and running today.  Sure, I could buy a phone at full-price OR the cheap "can't believe they sell with a clear conscious" 9.99 samsung.  Thanks for nothing at&t, I will let all I meet and update my status every day so as many people as possible know how you treat your loyal customers.

Message 1 of 29

Re: long-standing customer means nothing to at&t

Had issues with reception and dropped calls, no one cared.  Switching back to verizon never had issues with there service, and they will actually try to keep a long term customer happy.

Message 16 of 29
ACE - Expert

If you are having reception problems, How do you want Customer Service to make you happy? They can't magically make your reception problems go away. Go with the service that gives you the best service where you are at.

Not everyone is happy with AT&T and not everyone is happy with Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, US Cellular, etc., and there is nothing that Customer Service can do to make it better if the service isn't there.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 29
Teacher

Its insane that they wont give you your upgrade a month early. They do upgrades at 18 months for about $75 over upgrade prices. I love the guys that tell you to read your contract,or youre not eligible because of what you signed etc. Theres no reason a long time customer in good standing,should be denied his upgrade price at 23 months! Especially since he has NO PHONE! They are saying,ATT shouldnt have to lose the % of the $ that the last month of the subsidized phone would bring in! Wow! Why so greedy?

Message 18 of 29
Expert

BassLine wrote:

Its insane that they wont give you your upgrade a month early. They do upgrades at 18 months for about $75 over upgrade prices. I love the guys that tell you to read your contract,or youre not eligible because of what you signed etc. Theres no reason a long time customer in good standing,should be denied his upgrade price at 23 months! Especially since he has NO PHONE! They are saying,ATT shouldnt have to lose the % of the $ that the last month of the subsidized phone would bring in! Wow! Why so greedy?

no contrary to your belief it is not "greedy" it is business. want to do something different - IPO a carrier on your own and let peope do it, then you can have things the way you want to.

Message 19 of 29
Professor

wingrider01 wrote:

BassLine wrote:

no contrary to your belief it is not "greedy" it is business. want to do something different - IPO a carrier on your own and let peope do it, then you can have things the way you want to.

What totally worthless answers we get here. And we all know there is no greed in business. LOL. It may be business, but for a consumer related services business, it is not good business. It's not like it is one of these customers that is just a few months into his contract and now suddenly wants an iPhone. AT&T should totally be willing to work with this customer in this situation. That is good business.

Message 20 of 29
Expert

sitnsidewayz wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

BassLine wrote:

What totally worthless answers we get here. And we all know there is no greed in business. LOL. It may be business, but for a consumer related services business, it is not good business. It's not like it is one of these customers that is just a few months into his contract and now suddenly wants an iPhone. AT&T should totally be willing to work with this customer in this situation. That is good business.

/rofl yuo disagree so you think the answers are worthless, so much for BHL attitudes.

Message 21 of 29
Teacher

Sitnsidewayz is right. This wingrider guy is eternally ignorant. It's not greed. His posts responding to AT&Ts evil are always the same. Just business he says. Worthless responce. {Removed - Please keep it courteous}

Message 22 of 29
Professor

BassLine wrote:

Sitnsidewayz is right. This wingrider guy is eternally ignorant. It's not greed. His posts responding to AT&Ts evil are always the same. Just business he says. Worthless responce. {Removed - Please keep it courteous}

I and many others would agree also. It is a sign of greed on the part of ATT.  There was a time when they would negotiate with you if your upgrade was very close and go ahead and work with you to get a break on your new phone, even prorate any charges should any apply. i KNOW, i've had that done a few times back in 2003, 2004.

Today's ATT is all for the money... even though their CSR greeting to you after each call is "Thank you for being a loyal customer of aTT for so many hears and we appreciate your business.."  If its our "business" then treat us like we are bringing something to the table and "throw us a bone" every now and then.

I had a fight with CSR about a  1.5 years back where they literally CHANGED my upgrade from the one date to 8 months out (i have a discussion on this board about that).. i had to call and speak with a Manager who said it was in error and I stayed on the phone until they got it  back to the actual date

csrep.jpg

Message 23 of 29
Expert

BassLine wrote:

Your opinion, ATT like myself is in business to make money, if a BOBHL response is that the attitude is greed, then you are right, but then the BOBHL era is almost over with.

You have two choices

1. don't like it - leave, go someplace esle where the precieved grass is greener

2. IPO out a company and make your own rules.

This exact same statement is complained about on other forums for other companies, long term customers are the same as new customers, they both pay their bills for service, in fact 99.99 percent of the service related companies will offer a new customor more incentives to draw them in then what existing customers will get, existing customers are aleady paying, the new customer is the addition to the bottom line. Why is that greed? No difference then the burger flipper at McDonalds that want more for what they do - is that considered greed also?

Message 24 of 29
Professor

I work for a service related business that is owned by a multibillion dollar conglomerate. We have customers that we offer better perks than other customers. Many times, outside of our service agreements. Why? Because these customers are more valued and we don't want to lose them. We are smart enough to know that adding customers to the bottom doesn't help much if you are losing customers from the top line. We have learned that it doesn't hurt to be a little flexible in order to please our customers and keep them in the fold. We have always been an extremely successful business because of this this. I'm not saying that every customer should be allowed to upgrade a month early. I'm not even saying that a long time customer should be able to do it without a small fee. I have seen post where others were in this situation and stated that they were willing to pay small fee to upgrade a month early and AT&T would still not flex. You can believe what you want, but AT&T could do a better job of working with it's customers. It makes absolutely no sense to force a customer to buy a gophone for a month when he is willing to sign a new two year contract and is only a month away.

Message 25 of 29
Expert

sitnsidewayz wrote:

I work for a service related business that is owned by a multibillion dollar conglomerate. We have customers that we offer better perks than other customers. Many times, outside of our service agreements. Why? Because these customers are more valued and we don't want to lose them. We are smart enough to know that adding customers to the bottom doesn't help much if you are losing customers from the top line. We have learned that it doesn't hurt to be a little flexible in order to please our customers and keep them in the fold. We have always been an extremely successful business because of this this. I'm not saying that every customer should be allowed to upgrade a month early. I'm not even saying that a long time customer should be able to do it without a small fee. I have seen post where others were in this situation and stated that they were willing to pay small fee to upgrade a month early and AT&T would still not flex. You can believe what you want, but AT&T could do a better job of working with it's customers. It makes absolutely no sense to force a customer to buy a gophone for a month when he is willing to sign a new two year contract and is only a month away.

We do the same thing, but not to someone that brings in 300 or 400 a month - when the customer exceeds 200K a year then they start getting perks, the companies monthly bill to att alone for land line, wireless and a multitude of T1's is over 30k a month. Would be willing to bet the customers that the place you work for do not offer the perks to nickel and dime customers

They do have a graduated upgrade plan in place already, the more you spend the faster yuo get a upgrade, so what you want is already there. They also offer a early upgrade price for phones in some cases, depending on how much your bill is - you just can;t get it for the full upgrade price.

Message 26 of 29

{Please keep it courteous} Keep up the good work. Successful companies know that there is no such thing as a small client. Every client you have and keep has the potential to become a great client. What is $300-$400/month over 30 or 40 years? Probably as good as landing one flash in the pan 200k client that only lasts for a year before going out of business due to embracing business philosophies similar to your own.

Message 27 of 29
Teacher

%100. Embracing business philosophies that this guy wingrider eschews is the reason this country is in this state. Forget the little guy that's been with u forever. Like it or leave it etc. He wants the rich to get richer. For get the little guy that's 23 months into his contract. He's not a new customer. Well....he will be. In 1 month! Like I said,Eternally ignorant. Don't try to explain it. Id love to meet his employees!
Message 28 of 29
Highlighted
Professor

Bass, and what I dont get is when you make a call to CSR, you get that final greeting' " well mr Ricolx, we want to thank you for being a loyal and valued customer with ATT for X years..."

Well, for those who do not feel valued, att can afford to 'toss a bone' or two out there every now and then and make these customers feel a little better.

I can say, i have not had any celluar issues in over 2 yrs now. i had a NASTY problem back when there were 3 towers down and ATT didnt know about it, even had a cSR tell me i "never had services to begin with and didnt know how i was making calls"..... Needless to say , I .. L M F(royo) A(ndroid) O !!!

But , eacth time I got a decent manager in both CSR or Tech to help.

Back to topic, ATT can do much better than they are with customer issues.

Message 29 of 29
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support