logging in to Hotmail from the Browser on Blackberry 8310

Contributor

logging in to Hotmail from the Browser on Blackberry 8310

[ Edited ]
I just got a Blackberry 8310 and tried to log in to my hotmail account, however, it won't let me access because it says "Windows Live ID requires JavaScript to sign in, or scripts are being blocked". How do I get around this so i can log in to hotmail? Please, any info would be helpful. The person at the store where I bought the phone said i could login to my hotmail account with the browser without having to link the email account up to my phone.

Thanks in advance, GL

Message Edited by glshooter on 01-28-2008 12:36:54 PM
Message 1 of 4 (3,709 Views)
Professor

Re: logging in to Hotmail from the Browser on Blackberry 8310

[ Edited ]
Go into your browser options, Browser Configuration, and change the Emulation Mode to either MS Pocket IE or Openwave (WAP),  also make sure "Support JavaScript" is checked and save your settings. Close the browser by holding down the escape button or by picking Close from the menu. Then re-open the browser and go to www.hotmail.com. You should then be able to log in.

Message Edited by Max69 on 01-28-2008 03:59:20 PM
Message 2 of 4 (3,702 Views)
Teacher

or, just go to mobile.msn.com.  you can log in from there too.  or, just set up your hotmail account through the BIS page?
Message 3 of 4 (3,634 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

I'd actually recommend integrating the account into BIS.  Tryig to access webmail via the browser is going to be more a pain than it's worth, IMO.
Message 4 of 4 (3,586 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.