Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 21, 2009
8:30:23 AM
View profile
keep my phone

Hi I just want to know if its possible to keep a phne that I have and just buy an AT y T sim card and pay for the service

Hi I just want to know if its possible to keep a phne that I have and just buy an AT y T sim card and pay for the service

keep my phone

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2009 11:22:13 AM
(0)
Professor
If your phone is unlocked you can use it on any GSM network including AT&T.
If your phone is unlocked you can use it on any GSM network including AT&T.

Re: keep my phone

2 of 7 (1,961 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2009 11:40:53 AM
(0)
Guru
$35 activation fee, but no contract.  

3 of 7 (1,960 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2009 2:56:10 PM
(0)
Professor

stufried wrote:
it's $36 activation fee and yes new line does require contract regardless if you get new phone or bring your own unless OP will go with any prepaid plans. Read Terms of Service.

stufried wrote:
it's $36 activation fee and yes new line does require contract regardless if you get new phone or bring your own unless OP will go with any prepaid plans. Read Terms of Service.

4 of 7 (1,939 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2009 5:40:20 PM
(0)
Guru

I was doing the numbers off my head so I'm sorry if I was wrong about the $1.  You are correct that a contract is required, but it is a month to month contract.  In that sense, a prepaid phone is technically under contract since there is a  Term of Service of Agreement.  Read this press release:

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=4800&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=25390

l

I was doing the numbers off my head so I'm sorry if I was wrong about the $1.  You are correct that a contract is required, but it is a month to month contract.  In that sense, a prepaid phone is technically under contract since there is a  Term of Service of Agreement.  Read this press release:

l

5 of 7 (1,926 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2009 8:08:13 PM
(0)
Professor

stufried wrote:

l

I wasn't trying to be rude... Sorry if it came out this way and thanks for the link:smileywink: 

stufried wrote:

l

I wasn't trying to be rude... Sorry if it came out this way and thanks for the link:smileywink: 

6 of 7 (1,918 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2009 5:00:39 AM
(0)
Guru
No offense taken.  Many forum posts are sort of like Blackberry messages.  They are short and quick messages meant to get to the heart of things.  If you start fly specking the emotional tone of words you will give yourself unneeded (and unintended) grief. 
No offense taken.  Many forum posts are sort of like Blackberry messages.  They are short and quick messages meant to get to the heart of things.  If you start fly specking the emotional tone of words you will give yourself unneeded (and unintended) grief. 

7 of 7 (1,892 Views)