Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 3, 2011
9:33:40 AM
isn"t there supposed to be 3 months leway before cell service expires?

I just checked My Account on the Library computer today.. I added $15.00 on November 1, 2011 and it has an exp date listed as Dec. 1 (so I lost 3 days of the current service by adding money early) plus a cancellation date of Janusry 30th.  I think that is supposed to be good for three months before the cell number is disconnected.

Did I miss somthing?  I'm feeling that that is a big misprint.

I just checked My Account on the Library computer today.. I added $15.00 on November 1, 2011 and it has an exp date listed as Dec. 1 (so I lost 3 days of the current service by adding money early) plus a cancellation date of Janusry 30th.  I think that is supposed to be good for three months before the cell number is disconnected.

Did I miss somthing?  I'm feeling that that is a big misprint.

isn"t there supposed to be 3 months leway before cell service expires?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2011 3:57:56 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
The $15.00 refill cards only have a 30-day account expiration date from the day the money was added, so December 1st sounds accurate.

It seems alright to me. January 30th also seems accurate for the grace period date before your account permanently expires. I remember when my sister's account was about to expire, it passed the account balance expiration date and then completely expired two months later, I believe...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

The $15.00 refill cards only have a 30-day account expiration date from the day the money was added, so December 1st sounds accurate.

It seems alright to me. January 30th also seems accurate for the grace period date before your account permanently expires. I remember when my sister's account was about to expire, it passed the account balance expiration date and then completely expired two months later, I believe...

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: isn"t there supposed to be 3 months leway before cell service expires?

2 of 3 (140 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2011 9:18:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Wild Banchi wrote:

Yes, it's 60 days after the last refill expiration date that the account is permanently deactivated and the phone number will be recycled.  So if you are using a 30 day refill, that would effectively give you a 90 day period between the refill date and account deactivation.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Wild Banchi wrote:

Yes, it's 60 days after the last refill expiration date that the account is permanently deactivated and the phone number will be recycled.  So if you are using a 30 day refill, that would effectively give you a 90 day period between the refill date and account deactivation.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: isn"t there supposed to be 3 months leway before cell service expires?

3 of 3 (129 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments