Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Jun 24, 2010
8:48:25 AM
View profile
iphone4 sim problem

I activated my Iphone4 and it said no sim found. I took the sim out put it back in and the phone worked. Five minutes later said no sim. Took it to the AT&T store and had a new sim put in. The phone worked for a few minutes then went back to no sim. Spent a few hours on home phone with apple. Tried reset but still happening. No answers from apple. Has anyone else had this happen?

I activated my Iphone4 and it said no sim found. I took the sim out put it back in and the phone worked. Five minutes later said no sim. Took it to the AT&T store and had a new sim put in. The phone worked for a few minutes then went back to no sim. Spent a few hours on home phone with apple. Tried reset but still happening. No answers from apple. Has anyone else had this happen?

iphone4 sim problem

36 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(36)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 24, 2010 9:05:20 AM
(0)
Master

If its happening with multiple SIM cards then its probably the device itself that is defective and will have to be replaced.  sounds like the contacts inside the phone are not making a good connection.

Hopefully you have an Apple store nearby.  There are always a small percentage of failure with any device but that doesn't make it easier for those affected.

If its happening with multiple SIM cards then its probably the device itself that is defective and will have to be replaced.  sounds like the contacts inside the phone are not making a good connection.

Hopefully you have an Apple store nearby.  There are always a small percentage of failure with any device but that doesn't make it easier for those affected.

Re: iphone4 sim problem

2 of 37 (9,766 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 24, 2010 6:41:22 PM
(0)
Contributor

I'm having the same problem.   New iPhone 4.  Activated fine.  Periodically pops up with NO SIM CARD INSTALLED.   Reboot, reseat, replaced SIM card with new one.., etc. etc.  Problem still happening.   AT&T and APPLE both tell me it's because the systems are overloaded, but I find that hard to believe because my room mate has a 3GS and has not had the problem.  Why would just the iPhone 4's be experiencing the problem??

I'm having the same problem.   New iPhone 4.  Activated fine.  Periodically pops up with NO SIM CARD INSTALLED.   Reboot, reseat, replaced SIM card with new one.., etc. etc.  Problem still happening.   AT&T and APPLE both tell me it's because the systems are overloaded, but I find that hard to believe because my room mate has a 3GS and has not had the problem.  Why would just the iPhone 4's be experiencing the problem??

3 of 37 (9,657 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 24, 2010 8:44:24 PM
(0)
Contributor

Im starting to get upset as well.  I was on the phone with apple for like an hour today trying to figure out the same exact problem.  I can talk for a while then my phone will hang up, and a message pops up reading "no sim card installed".  I have no idea what is going on, and apparently apple doesnt either.  They said this was the first time they have heard of this going on with the iphone 4. Especially since it was released today.  Does anyone have ANY suggestions to what is going on.  Ive been troubleshooting all day and I keep experiencing the same prob.  Im stressed out. THis is a brand new phone.

Im starting to get upset as well.  I was on the phone with apple for like an hour today trying to figure out the same exact problem.  I can talk for a while then my phone will hang up, and a message pops up reading "no sim card installed".  I have no idea what is going on, and apparently apple doesnt either.  They said this was the first time they have heard of this going on with the iphone 4. Especially since it was released today.  Does anyone have ANY suggestions to what is going on.  Ive been troubleshooting all day and I keep experiencing the same prob.  Im stressed out. THis is a brand new phone.

4 of 37 (9,567 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 24, 2010 10:00:56 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by smorynski on Jun 24, 2010 at 10:01:37 PM

yep same problem.

no sim installed.

i turn off, wait a few minutes.... hold on a sec...

hmm... no sim card installed.... hmmm....

oh i did have it working fine... then... this evening... at 7pm pacific time..

yep same problem.

no sim installed.

i turn off, wait a few minutes.... hold on a sec...

hmm... no sim card installed.... hmmm....

oh i did have it working fine... then... this evening... at 7pm pacific time..

[ Edited ]
5 of 37 (9,513 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 24, 2010 11:54:55 PM
(0)
Tutor

REMEDY...

so hold down home key and power button, hold until it restarts.

do it a few times, until it reconnects.

based on other forums, it may not be the sim card. perhaps its the network or software OS or hardware. but killing yourself to get new sim card may not be the issue as of yet.

post here, & other places, make a big stink so they'll look into and figure out official solve.

REMEDY...

so hold down home key and power button, hold until it restarts.

do it a few times, until it reconnects.

based on other forums, it may not be the sim card. perhaps its the network or software OS or hardware. but killing yourself to get new sim card may not be the issue as of yet.

post here, & other places, make a big stink so they'll look into and figure out official solve.

6 of 37 (9,456 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2010 5:51:52 AM
(0)
Scholar

I have the same issues.  When I acticvated it I waited 10 minutes and nothing happened. Popped out the SIM, put it back in and it activated. Twice in the first hour I was using it I got the same No SIM message.  I popped it back out and then back in and service came back on. I used it heavily yesterday afternoon with no issues and then all the sudden last night got the same message.  Popped it back out and in and it worked fine. Used it this morning then got the same message, popped it out and in and it's fine again.  I know on the 3G there was something going around the net that you could put a piece of tape on it and increased the service bars. I did it with my 3G and it did help a little. I assume maybe the SIM wasn't making good contact.  I just put a little piece of scotch tape on my micro sim just now so I will see how it does. Now I have to carry a paper clip in my wallet in case it happens again. Sucks because it's annoying but it's an easy fix for my just popping it out and in. 

I have the same issues.  When I acticvated it I waited 10 minutes and nothing happened. Popped out the SIM, put it back in and it activated. Twice in the first hour I was using it I got the same No SIM message.  I popped it back out and then back in and service came back on. I used it heavily yesterday afternoon with no issues and then all the sudden last night got the same message.  Popped it back out and in and it worked fine. Used it this morning then got the same message, popped it out and in and it's fine again.  I know on the 3G there was something going around the net that you could put a piece of tape on it and increased the service bars. I did it with my 3G and it did help a little. I assume maybe the SIM wasn't making good contact.  I just put a little piece of scotch tape on my micro sim just now so I will see how it does. Now I have to carry a paper clip in my wallet in case it happens again. Sucks because it's annoying but it's an easy fix for my just popping it out and in. 

7 of 37 (9,376 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2010 6:13:07 AM
(0)
Contributor

Let me know how the the tape fix works

8 of 37 (9,353 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2010 6:14:18 AM
(0)
Tutor

Same problem here.  Turning airplane mode off and then on again does the same as popping the sim card back and is easier.  Obviously a problem that has not been admitted to yet though turning up on all forums.  The first report of this happening in the UK has been blogged too. 

Same problem here.  Turning airplane mode off and then on again does the same as popping the sim card back and is easier.  Obviously a problem that has not been admitted to yet though turning up on all forums.  The first report of this happening in the UK has been blogged too. 

9 of 37 (9,350 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2010 6:50:15 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by Docs44 on Jun 25, 2010 at 6:51:31 AM

scott18888 wrote:

Didn't help.  Had to pop it out twice more.  I checked on the Apple forums and lots of people are having similar issues.  Some went to AT & T or Apple and got new SIMs but still had the problem.  Some got new phones. 

Singha, thanks for the tip.  I will try that instead of messing with the SIM.  That would be easier. 

scott18888 wrote:

Didn't help.  Had to pop it out twice more.  I checked on the Apple forums and lots of people are having similar issues.  Some went to AT & T or Apple and got new SIMs but still had the problem.  Some got new phones. 

Singha, thanks for the tip.  I will try that instead of messing with the SIM.  That would be easier. 

[ Edited ]
10 of 37 (9,328 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2010 7:03:14 AM
(0)
Tutor

I saw a post on Mac Forum that said a person took his back to his Apple Store with the "no sim" problem.  The employee rebooted his system 3 times  (hold down home key and top on/wake key, but when asked to slide for off keep everything held down until you see the Apple) and it fixed his problem.  I tried it and it did allow me to go longer before the 'no sim" would appear, but was no permanent fix.  Very frustrating.

I saw a post on Mac Forum that said a person took his back to his Apple Store with the "no sim" problem.  The employee rebooted his system 3 times  (hold down home key and top on/wake key, but when asked to slide for off keep everything held down until you see the Apple) and it fixed his problem.  I tried it and it did allow me to go longer before the 'no sim" would appear, but was no permanent fix.  Very frustrating.

11 of 37 (4,507 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2010 9:13:25 AM
(0)
Tutor

well rebooting it this morning, several times hasn't helped. airplane mode off/on didn't work either.

i took sim card out, looked at it hopefully, put it back in... & it worked for now.. man, sure need a tiny tiny needle to pop it. i had to find a tiny push pin.

well rebooting it this morning, several times hasn't helped. airplane mode off/on didn't work either.

i took sim card out, looked at it hopefully, put it back in... & it worked for now.. man, sure need a tiny tiny needle to pop it. i had to find a tiny push pin.

12 of 37 (4,477 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2010 9:24:53 AM
(0)
Tutor

I'm have an appointment at the Apple Store in a couple of hours.  I hope they don't tell me to go to AT&T and get a new sim as just about anyone who has done that still has the no sim problem.  I just wish either Apple or AT&T would at least acknowledge that there are a large number of new owners with this problem.

I'm have an appointment at the Apple Store in a couple of hours.  I hope they don't tell me to go to AT&T and get a new sim as just about anyone who has done that still has the no sim problem.  I just wish either Apple or AT&T would at least acknowledge that there are a large number of new owners with this problem.

13 of 37 (4,470 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2010 9:34:27 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by smorynski on Jun 25, 2010 at 9:34:53 AM

interesting, just talked to friend who has iphone3. said last couple of weeks same thing with his sim card. he did drop it. & wondered if it was that. (never had problem before)

he said he just reset network and it worked. had to do it just twice.  reset network doesnt change anything except if you messed with network/connection settings. i did connect to wifi at home but know password to redo that so i'll try that next time.

interesting, just talked to friend who has iphone3. said last couple of weeks same thing with his sim card. he did drop it. & wondered if it was that. (never had problem before)

he said he just reset network and it worked. had to do it just twice.  reset network doesnt change anything except if you messed with network/connection settings. i did connect to wifi at home but know password to redo that so i'll try that next time.

[ Edited ]
14 of 37 (4,462 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2010 4:08:36 PM
(0)
Scholar

Mine did it a few more times today.  Turning airplane mode off and on and did work.  I stopped by AT & T and he said Apple would have to trouble shoot it. He said all they can do is reset it or reboot it. So while I was there he did a soft reset on it.  It's given me the no SIM issues twice since then. If it continues I will do a restore and see if that helps. I don't think it's the SIM itself, but a software or hardware issue. 

Mine did it a few more times today.  Turning airplane mode off and on and did work.  I stopped by AT & T and he said Apple would have to trouble shoot it. He said all they can do is reset it or reboot it. So while I was there he did a soft reset on it.  It's given me the no SIM issues twice since then. If it continues I will do a restore and see if that helps. I don't think it's the SIM itself, but a software or hardware issue. 

15 of 37 (4,376 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2010 4:22:31 PM
(0)
Tutor

I went to the Apple Store even though mine was mailed from AT&T.  An AT&T regional rep was at the store and took out my sim card.  He said they have a newer one.  The next one didn't work at all, but the third one did - for about an hour then went to the no sim alert.  I went back and the Apple Store manager and the AT&T rep kindly allowed me to swap out my phone for another one even though mine was bought through AT&T.  It has been over three hours and no problems at all - something that never happened with my original iPhone 4.  Gizmodo posted an article about this sim problem.  My advice:  swap out the hardware.

I'll report back if I go back into no sim mode again.

I went to the Apple Store even though mine was mailed from AT&T.  An AT&T regional rep was at the store and took out my sim card.  He said they have a newer one.  The next one didn't work at all, but the third one did - for about an hour then went to the no sim alert.  I went back and the Apple Store manager and the AT&T rep kindly allowed me to swap out my phone for another one even though mine was bought through AT&T.  It has been over three hours and no problems at all - something that never happened with my original iPhone 4.  Gizmodo posted an article about this sim problem.  My advice:  swap out the hardware.

I'll report back if I go back into no sim mode again.

16 of 37 (4,374 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2010 5:04:01 PM
(0)
Teacher

Same problem with both units received yesterday. I reset power, took the sim out, put it back in while powered down, turned it on and same problem. This went on for about 10 minutes. I then decided to keep it on, remove the sim, and put it back in and it registered. Did this with both units... no prob since.

Same problem with both units received yesterday. I reset power, took the sim out, put it back in while powered down, turned it on and same problem. This went on for about 10 minutes. I then decided to keep it on, remove the sim, and put it back in and it registered. Did this with both units... no prob since.

17 of 37 (4,358 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2010 5:11:34 PM
(0)
Scholar
Mine did it twice this afternoon about 4PM EST. At first I thought it had something to do with MobileMe since I had just installed it, coincidence I guess.
I'll just keep an eye on it and see what you all find out. Overall I like this phone a lot.
Mine did it twice this afternoon about 4PM EST. At first I thought it had something to do with MobileMe since I had just installed it, coincidence I guess.
I'll just keep an eye on it and see what you all find out. Overall I like this phone a lot.

18 of 37 (4,351 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 26, 2010 8:35:30 AM
(0)
Voyager

I will tell you right now... just go to the Apple store. Set up an appointment and go. I had the same problem. The "No Sim Card Inserted" problem happened to me 5 times on Thursday and 4 times yesterday... and thankfully once while at the Apple Store. The guy took my phone in the back and ran a diagnostic on it. He said the modem on the phone rebooted 19 times while trying to run the diag. He replaced my phone right then and there. So far no more issues.

Along with the no sim issue I was having texting issues, internet issues, and battery drain problems. The phone was defective all around.

I will tell you right now... just go to the Apple store. Set up an appointment and go. I had the same problem. The "No Sim Card Inserted" problem happened to me 5 times on Thursday and 4 times yesterday... and thankfully once while at the Apple Store. The guy took my phone in the back and ran a diagnostic on it. He said the modem on the phone rebooted 19 times while trying to run the diag. He replaced my phone right then and there. So far no more issues.

Along with the no sim issue I was having texting issues, internet issues, and battery drain problems. The phone was defective all around.

19 of 37 (4,247 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2010 6:58:10 PM
(0)
Contributor

If you get the sim card not installed message in your brand new iPhone 4... you are in for a trip.  It happened to me and I am a survivor.

Based on my tormented experience, this is what WILL happen to you:

1. First you'll call ATT and they will be wide eyed and totally clueless about the SIM issue: useless
  2. Then you will call Apple Support and they will ask you to GO to ATT to get a new SIM card
  3. You spend two hours at  ATT and you fight your way to get them to replace the SIM card without charging you for it!
  4. A day or so later you will notice that the problem persists... so you will call Apple again and they will have you RESTORE your iPhone
  5. ome 20 hours later... the problem will come back again and you'll have to call Apple once more.  Because you have called THREE times already, the first level support guy will patch you to a senior rep who will FINALLY agree that the equipment has to be replaced and they will direct you to the nearest Apple Store or iPhone Service Center
  6. Then you go to the store/ATT Service Center, repeat your sad store to the rep, they will try to get by replacing just the SIM card, forcing you to display your best GRIZZLY face and demand equipment replacement.  Should they be willing to do it, they will get you a refurbished unit and send you on your merry way
  7. Problem solved???????? We'll see about that!!!

There you have it.  That's my sad, sad story and prediction of what you will have to go through to solve your "SIM card not installed" issue.  I just got the new (refurbished!) iPhone 4 today, so until it survives the dreaded 24-48 testing period I will not feel confident that the problem is actually fixed.  I'll write again should the problem manifests itself in the replacement unit.

This problem took at least 6 hours of my life to solve and plenty of aggravation.  I only wish Apple and ATT were willing to bite the bullet admitting that they had a bad batch of iPhone 4s or something and just cut to the chase and replace the unit instead of having you running around like this!!!

If you get the sim card not installed message in your brand new iPhone 4... you are in for a trip.  It happened to me and I am a survivor.

Based on my tormented experience, this is what WILL happen to you:

1. First you'll call ATT and they will be wide eyed and totally clueless about the SIM issue: useless
  2. Then you will call Apple Support and they will ask you to GO to ATT to get a new SIM card
  3. You spend two hours at  ATT and you fight your way to get them to replace the SIM card without charging you for it!
  4. A day or so later you will notice that the problem persists... so you will call Apple again and they will have you RESTORE your iPhone
  5. ome 20 hours later... the problem will come back again and you'll have to call Apple once more.  Because you have called THREE times already, the first level support guy will patch you to a senior rep who will FINALLY agree that the equipment has to be replaced and they will direct you to the nearest Apple Store or iPhone Service Center
  6. Then you go to the store/ATT Service Center, repeat your sad store to the rep, they will try to get by replacing just the SIM card, forcing you to display your best GRIZZLY face and demand equipment replacement.  Should they be willing to do it, they will get you a refurbished unit and send you on your merry way
  7. Problem solved???????? We'll see about that!!!

There you have it.  That's my sad, sad story and prediction of what you will have to go through to solve your "SIM card not installed" issue.  I just got the new (refurbished!) iPhone 4 today, so until it survives the dreaded 24-48 testing period I will not feel confident that the problem is actually fixed.  I'll write again should the problem manifests itself in the replacement unit.

This problem took at least 6 hours of my life to solve and plenty of aggravation.  I only wish Apple and ATT were willing to bite the bullet admitting that they had a bad batch of iPhone 4s or something and just cut to the chase and replace the unit instead of having you running around like this!!!

Re: iphone4 sim problem: A Viacrucis awaits you

20 of 37 (3,937 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 4, 2010 6:53:24 AM
(0)
Scholar

My story was a little different. Got mine on launch day, the problem started immediately. Went to a AT & T the next day and they were not aware of the issue. The guys reset my phone, it worked and he said if it persisted it would be an Apple issue. Of course it did persist.  I made an appointment for Apple and went there a couple of days later.  By that time the issue was already known. They worked on it some and then gave me a new phone. I wouldn't bother going to AT & T because I don't think it's a SIM card issue, but a hardware or software one.  When I got the message, I would turn on and the off airplane mode and it would work again.  If it was the SIM card, why would it do that?

My story was a little different. Got mine on launch day, the problem started immediately. Went to a AT & T the next day and they were not aware of the issue. The guys reset my phone, it worked and he said if it persisted it would be an Apple issue. Of course it did persist.  I made an appointment for Apple and went there a couple of days later.  By that time the issue was already known. They worked on it some and then gave me a new phone. I wouldn't bother going to AT & T because I don't think it's a SIM card issue, but a hardware or software one.  When I got the message, I would turn on and the off airplane mode and it would work again.  If it was the SIM card, why would it do that?

Re: iphone4 sim problem: A Viacrucis awaits you

21 of 37 (3,588 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 15, 2010 12:43:37 PM
(0)
Contributor

This same problem happened with me.  I read this forum and called Apple.  Apple really wasn't the appropriate place to call, however they did get AT&T on the phone with us.  AT&T sent a new signal to the SIM card on my iPhone4 and that resolved the problem.

This same problem happened with me.  I read this forum and called Apple.  Apple really wasn't the appropriate place to call, however they did get AT&T on the phone with us.  AT&T sent a new signal to the SIM card on my iPhone4 and that resolved the problem.

22 of 37 (3,346 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 15, 2010 2:05:23 PM
(0)
Scholar
I got mine in the first wave also. The S
first SIM errors occurred two days after I got it, then again about a week later.
I made an appointment at the Genius Bar and they replaced it after running the diagnostics. I'm very satisfied with Apple service.
I got mine in the first wave also. The S
first SIM errors occurred two days after I got it, then again about a week later.
I made an appointment at the Genius Bar and they replaced it after running the diagnostics. I'm very satisfied with Apple service.

23 of 37 (3,330 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 15, 2010 6:59:34 PM
(0)
Contributor

Got an iPhone 4 32GB last night - july 14th. I had the problem once last night, 7 or 8 times today. Before reading this forum i have fixed it by powering down. I think it caused to calls to drop, but those could have been the death grip. This is not what I paid $300 for. :-(

Got an iPhone 4 32GB last night - july 14th. I had the problem once last night, 7 or 8 times today. Before reading this forum i have fixed it by powering down. I think it caused to calls to drop, but those could have been the death grip. This is not what I paid $300 for. :-(

24 of 37 (3,310 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 15, 2010 8:00:51 PM
(0)
Contributor
You will have to do the whole song and dance but once you get a replacement unit you should be fine. Mine has not failed since.
You will have to do the whole song and dance but once you get a replacement unit you should be fine. Mine has not failed since.

25 of 37 (3,293 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 30, 2011 11:03:52 AM
(0)
Contributor

After receiving this sim card error for the first time, I called AT&T to see if they could send a signal to sim card. I found out that the IMEI number did not match my Iphone's. In the process of upgrading another line on my account to an Iphone, an associate accidently updated my IMEI number....

-___- oh well, it works now.

After receiving this sim card error for the first time, I called AT&T to see if they could send a signal to sim card. I found out that the IMEI number did not match my Iphone's. In the process of upgrading another line on my account to an Iphone, an associate accidently updated my IMEI number....

-___- oh well, it works now.

26 of 37 (2,016 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2011 3:41:20 PM
(0)
Contributor

I purchased my Iphone4 on July 12 2011, and it is keeps on dropping off with an error of "No SIM Card Installed".  I am so upset, I don't have time for this at all. 

I purchased my Iphone4 on July 12 2011, and it is keeps on dropping off with an error of "No SIM Card Installed".  I am so upset, I don't have time for this at all. 

27 of 37 (1,928 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2011 3:46:17 PM
(0)
Contributor

ATT & Apple should have let customers know that there was a reliabiliy problem.  Who the heck has time for this?  I cerainly don't and am going to get rid of this phone as soon as possible.

Also the airplane mode only fixed it for 5 minutes until it returned.  What a piece of garbage with no fix in sight.  I used to like Apple, now they are no better than Yugo.

ATT & Apple should have let customers know that there was a reliabiliy problem.  Who the heck has time for this?  I cerainly don't and am going to get rid of this phone as soon as possible.

Also the airplane mode only fixed it for 5 minutes until it returned.  What a piece of garbage with no fix in sight.  I used to like Apple, now they are no better than Yugo.

28 of 37 (1,926 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2011 7:27:40 PM
(0)
Guru

I had the "no sim installed" error, too. Get a paper clip, pop out the sim card, take it completely out and then re-install it. I've never had a problem since.

I had the "no sim installed" error, too. Get a paper clip, pop out the sim card, take it completely out and then re-install it. I've never had a problem since.

29 of 37 (1,919 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2011 6:46:12 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

lovenrockets wrote:

Welcome to the boards new visitor. Instead of selecting a topic that is a year old, just make a new topic.

You can easily get this issue fixed - first just try reseating the sim card

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2802 - scroll down to "SIM "

If that doesn't help, AT&T will give you a new sim card. If THAT doesn't work, Apple will give you a new iPhone.

If its been less than 30 days, AT&T will take back your iPhone4, and you can choose a different phone completely.

Hope that helps!

lovenrockets wrote:

Welcome to the boards new visitor. Instead of selecting a topic that is a year old, just make a new topic.

You can easily get this issue fixed - first just try reseating the sim card

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2802 - scroll down to "SIM "

If that doesn't help, AT&T will give you a new sim card. If THAT doesn't work, Apple will give you a new iPhone.

If its been less than 30 days, AT&T will take back your iPhone4, and you can choose a different phone completely.

Hope that helps!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

30 of 37 (1,905 Views)