iphone trades

iphone trades

I have 2 iphone 3g. I would like to trade them for 1 iphone 4.

Message 1 of 10 (535 Views)
Professor

Re: iphone trades

Neither AT&T or Apple offer a trade in program.

Sell your devices locally, on ebay, craigslist, or similar places.

Buy whichever device you want.

Message 2 of 10 (523 Views)
Professor

Ebay or Craigslist will be your best bet. Apple or AT&T does not have a trade in program.  just sdell them locally

Message 3 of 10 (508 Views)
Master

Selling both phones (in good condition) will probably be enough to cover the cost of one iPhone 4. The new iPhone may not be in the best condition if you can find one for the price, but perhaps you can find a deal.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 10 (484 Views)
Professor

iPhone 5 comes out in the next month or two.
Message 5 of 10 (467 Views)
Scholar

Wild Banchi wrote:
Selling both phones (in good condition) will probably be enough to cover the cost of one iPhone 4. The new iPhone may not be in the best condition if you can find one for the price, but perhaps you can find a deal.

for two 3Gs? The poster said 3G not 3GS. Even if it was for a 3GS--ATT is selling them for $49. Two of them would hardly equal what an iphone 4G is going for right now.

Message 6 of 10 (447 Views)
Scholar

randygglsu wrote:

I have 2 iphone 3g. I would like to trade them for 1 iphone 4.

good luck.

Message 7 of 10 (446 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]
Depends on how the op wants to do it. A $49 iPhone is with 2 yr contract. But if op sells on eBay, he could get 150 or even 200 for even one 3G without the hindrance of a contract. That alone would pay for an iPhone 4 with contract for the op from Apple or AT&T ($199 for a 16 gig). Sell two, and the price of a used iPhone 4 (non-contract) could easily be gotten.
Message 8 of 10 (434 Views)
Master

gara56 wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

for two 3Gs? The poster said 3G not 3GS. Even if it was for a 3GS--ATT is selling them for $49. Two of them would hardly equal what an iphone 4G is going for right now.

Yes, for two iPhone 3G's. If both phones are in good to great condition, they can probably rake in anywhere from $150-220 each. But that depends on the condition. With the combined cost, that could probably equal the cost of a used iPhone 4. The new iPhone may not be in the best cosmetic condition, (like I already said) but it's still an iPhone 4. There are deals out there, ya know.

I, myself, have a smartphone that sells on eBay for $350+ in the condition mine is in. I found a deal at $170, practically brand new.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 9 of 10 (431 Views)
Teacher

If your phone is still in good condition, you can trade it in on Amazon.com

Message 10 of 10 (380 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.