iphone email

Contributor

iphone email

I have upgraded from 3g to 4s phone and it is working perfectly except for email sending.  It works fine in wifi but takes about 30 minutes for send or reply messages to go on the 4G network.  Apple says it's an AT&T issue.  Help.. 

Message 1 of 3 (378 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: iphone email

Ronk123 wrote:

I have upgraded from 3g to 4s phone and it is working perfectly except for email sending.  It works fine in wifi but takes about 30 minutes for send or reply messages to go on the 4G network.  Apple says it's an AT&T issue.  Help.. 

What are you using for the outgoing mail servers? Your email provider's servers? If so, the problem could be with your email provider. You could try deleting your email account from the iphone and re-add it so the phone can rediscover the appropriate settings. You could also try configuring your phone to use ATT's server for outgoing mail. Go to Settings, "Mail, Contacts, Calendars", select your email account, select "Account", select Outgoing Mail Server. You should see "cwmx.com" under "Other SMTP Servers". Select it and turn it on.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (369 Views)
Contributor

Re: iphone email

I already have that other server set up.  Interesting that messages finally do send but after 30 min or so??

Message 3 of 3 (365 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.