iphone 4s premier order status: "attention !"

iphone 4s premier order status: "attention !"

hi guys, i was alarmed by one of my iphone 4s order statuses saying "attention !" when my other iphone 4s order status says "pre-order". i chatted up an at&t rep about this and this is what they said:

"Be sure to select the HSPA+ Data Unlimited plan. Failure to do so will result in you being defaulted to DataPro 2GB plan. AT&T customers that are grandfathered into the Unlimited Data are not given the option to keep the Unlimited Data plan while upgrading their device online. This is an issue that is being investigated. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Please call customer care at 1-800-331-0500, Mon-Fri 7am-10pm, Sat-Sun 9am-7pm, for additional assistance with upgrading to the iPhone 4S."

i guess the best thing i can do is wait for this problem to solve itself. but is anybody else encountering this???

i do have the grandfathered unlimited data plan and the iphone 4s that requires "attention" is a white 64gb whereas the iphone that is already in "pre-ordered" status is a white 32 gb.

Message 1 of 16 (5,904 Views)
Professor

Re: iphone 4s premier order status: "attention !"

jodilicious wrote:

hi guys, i was alarmed by one of my iphone 4s order statuses saying "attention !" when my other iphone 4s order status says "pre-order". i chatted up an at&t rep about this and this is what they said:

"Be sure to select the HSPA+ Data Unlimited plan. Failure to do so will result in you being defaulted to DataPro 2GB plan. AT&T customers that are grandfathered into the Unlimited Data are not given the option to keep the Unlimited Data plan while upgrading their device online. This is an issue that is being investigated. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Please call customer care at 1-800-331-0500, Mon-Fri 7am-10pm, Sat-Sun 9am-7pm, for additional assistance with upgrading to the iPhone 4S."

i guess the best thing i can do is wait for this problem to solve itself. but is anybody else encountering this???

i do have the grandfathered unlimited data plan and the iphone 4s that requires "attention" is a white 64gb whereas the iphone that is already in "pre-ordered" status is a white 32 gb.

i have read on here today AT&T will let you keep a gradfathered in unlimited data plan.

Message 2 of 16 (5,837 Views)
Scholar

Whoa, I haven't gotten the "attention" message yet. I really hope this isn't going to be when the grandfathered plans die. I will cancel and just get a regular 4 if that is the case.

Message 3 of 16 (5,825 Views)
Former Community Manager

browski wrote:

Whoa, I haven't gotten the "attention" message yet. I really hope this isn't going to be when the grandfathered plans die. I will cancel and just get a regular 4 if that is the case.

If you already have an unlimited data plan, you can keep it when you upgrade. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 16 (5,752 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

To the original poster...

I saw the same thing and called customer care this morning to find out some distressing information (at least for my order... each case may be different)... 

It's not because of the grandfathered unlimited data plan... It's because I didn't have the iPhone shipped to the billing address.. I changed it to my office address.

My history:

1) Downloaded the AT&T Upgrader app..

2) Ordered my wife's iphone on her phone and it went through just fine (i have it shipped to her office, which apparenty is one of the billing addresses..)

3) Ordered my iPhone and had it changed to my office address, rather than my house address (how can two numbers have different billing addresses if we're on the same account??)

4) Called customer care to find out the email I got was in actuality, a red herring .. The system never really accepted my order...

5) Customer care was unable to pull up the order, so I reordered and get to wait 21-28 days now for the phone, rather than having it delivered on the 14th... 

I did notice this time in very small red print, that due to security issues, iphones cannot be shipped to an address other than the billing address... If that's the case, from a UI standpoint, don't even give customers the option to change the address in the app!

Again, this is only for my situation ... It does not apply to all who have an "attention" in their order....  I hope it's something else for your case.

Regards,

mG

PS: Jamileh: who can we give feedback to on the upgrader app other than leaving a comment in the review section of iTunes?  It's very distracting to have the checkbox allowing you to change shipping address, when you really can't....

Message 5 of 16 (4,851 Views)
Former Community Manager

GardnerMS wrote:

PS: Jamileh: who can we give feedback to on the upgrader app other than leaving a comment in the review section of iTunes?  It's very distracting to have the checkbox allowing you to change shipping address, when you really can't....

You can give it to me Smiley Happy Will you please send me a private message with your feedback about the app?

Thanks Smiley Happy

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 16 (4,827 Views)
Mentor

I ordered a black 16GB 4S at 725am central on 10/7 and got the "AT&T Premier Order Received" email. The data add on plan section states "Data Unlimited for iPhone 4S" with the price of $30. I left that as is.

My order status was last updated 10/8 and says Atttention! I used my Discover card and the charge hasn't appeared yet. Iit usually takes a few days before charges (even pending) show up so I wasn't too concerned. Now charges I made on 10/8 have posted to my Discover.

Chatted online with AT&T and was only given the link to check my order status (which wasn't the Premier site). They couldn't tell me what Attention was needed. 

Called and the rep said my order was currently being reviewed. It's part of our security processes. I questioned what needs to be reviewed and he could'nt answer that. Then said I should be getting an email confirmation within 24-48 hours. Seems like no one at AT&T can help. I guess next time I will order from Apple.

Message 7 of 16 (4,662 Views)
Mentor

I went through the upgrade process slowly and chuckled a bit at AT&T making me drop the unlimited only to add the unlimited amongst a multitude of other choices.

I am sure it was not done intentionally but I would be willing to bet AT&T may have made it like this to hopefully get a fewoff their unlimited plans

Message 8 of 16 (4,562 Views)
Mentor

Y'all should have orderd it from Apple.  It was cake, and I got an email saying my order has shipped today!!

Message 9 of 16 (4,528 Views)
Mentor

UPDATE: my status now says Pre-order
Message 10 of 16 (4,461 Views)
Teacher

Out of curiosity, have you recieved another email now that your status has updated?

Message 11 of 16 (3,460 Views)
Tutor

For the record, after talking to several reps, including Premier support, I got the same info that my order was being reviewed... Later this afternoon, mine too went to pre-order... I have not gotten another email yet, but am hoping it will be here on the 14th.

mG

Message 12 of 16 (3,395 Views)

hi guys, my status has been updated to "pre-order". i have another problem though. i have seen in another forum that their "QTY Ordered" and "QTY back-ordered"  is 1 & 0 while mine is 1 & 1. does any other 'premier' customers have this? 

Message 13 of 16 (3,349 Views)
Mentor

I've only received the 1st email, - AT&T Premier order received - that's it. I do check my spam folder too ~
Message 14 of 16 (3,149 Views)
Teacher

My status is still set at attention. I just chatted with a representative through the premier website and she told me that while my status has not been updated everything is set on their end and that I would receive a second email when the order shipped.

Though she was unable to tell me when that would happen, saying it could be up to 21-28 days... Smiley Sad

Message 15 of 16 (3,143 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.