Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 23, 2011
7:46:06 AM
View profile
iphone 4s operator locked

Hi, I bought a new Iphone 4S locked on AT&T network.

At moment I work in Italy.

I have an usa at&t sim card and obiouvsly imei number of the phone.

Can I ask to At&t to unlock operator?

thanks

bye

Antonio

Hi, I bought a new Iphone 4S locked on AT&T network.

At moment I work in Italy.

I have an usa at&t sim card and obiouvsly imei number of the phone.

Can I ask to At&t to unlock operator?

thanks

bye

Antonio

iphone 4s operator locked

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 23, 2011 7:52:31 AM
(0)
Professor

AT&T or apple WILL NOT UNLOCK YOUR IPHONE 4S. this has been posted some many times for the 3G,3GS, and the iphone 4.  they will not do it... next month apple is going to start selling  a unlocked iphone 4s.

AT&T or apple WILL NOT UNLOCK YOUR IPHONE 4S. this has been posted some many times for the 3G,3GS, and the iphone 4.  they will not do it... next month apple is going to start selling  a unlocked iphone 4s.

hello!!!

Re: iphone 4s operator locked

2 of 8 (1,790 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 23, 2011 7:53:02 AM
(0)
Master

Sorry for the terse nature of this response but NO ATT will not unlock your new iPhone 4S.  At the current time, they will not unlock any iPhone regardless of how long you have had it!  If you would have waited until November, you could have purchased an unlocked GSM iPhone 4S directly from Apple at an unsubsidize price.

If you search these forums, you will see this disucssed in full with all possible scenarios played out.

ATT may change their policy in the future but your box should also have a notice that that iPHone only works on the ATT network.

Search Google for other methods!

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Sorry for the terse nature of this response but NO ATT will not unlock your new iPhone 4S.  At the current time, they will not unlock any iPhone regardless of how long you have had it!  If you would have waited until November, you could have purchased an unlocked GSM iPhone 4S directly from Apple at an unsubsidize price.

If you search these forums, you will see this disucssed in full with all possible scenarios played out.

ATT may change their policy in the future but your box should also have a notice that that iPHone only works on the ATT network.

Search Google for other methods!

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

3 of 8 (1,789 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 23, 2011 7:53:39 AM
(0)
Professor
No. AT&T iphones are sold locked and neither AT&T nor Apple will unlock them. There are many threads on this. Currently, only Apple sells unlocked iPhones in the US and they are specifically sold as new and unlocked.

Out of curiosity, if you work in Italy, why did you buy a US iPhone? Why not buy one in Italy?
No. AT&T iphones are sold locked and neither AT&T nor Apple will unlock them. There are many threads on this. Currently, only Apple sells unlocked iPhones in the US and they are specifically sold as new and unlocked.

Out of curiosity, if you work in Italy, why did you buy a US iPhone? Why not buy one in Italy?

4 of 8 (1,786 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 23, 2011 8:01:20 AM
(0)
Contributor

at moment I work in Italy but next year I come back to Usa.

In Italy Apple start to sell it 28 Oct at prize of 779€ (32Gb) => 1000$  :-(

at moment I work in Italy but next year I come back to Usa.

In Italy Apple start to sell it 28 Oct at prize of 779€ (32Gb) => 1000$  :-(

5 of 8 (1,778 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 23, 2011 8:03:25 AM
(0)
Contributor

Many thanks to all for your answer.

Excuse me if I don't read all the topics..

bye

bye

6 of 8 (1,777 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 23, 2011 8:12:31 AM
(0)
Master
Edited by youngjm on Oct 23, 2011 at 8:13:01 AM

foxbat23 wrote:

bye

I guess my question is if this was such an important feature, why you did not ask about unlocking before making your purchase?  What I would do is return your iPHone 4S and cancel your ATT contract or revert to your old phone.  Wait for the unloced model to be sold by Apple here in the next few weeks then get that version to meet your needs.  At this point, there is no need for you to be locked into an ATT only phone with high roaming fees.

foxbat23 wrote:

bye

I guess my question is if this was such an important feature, why you did not ask about unlocking before making your purchase?  What I would do is return your iPHone 4S and cancel your ATT contract or revert to your old phone.  Wait for the unloced model to be sold by Apple here in the next few weeks then get that version to meet your needs.  At this point, there is no need for you to be locked into an ATT only phone with high roaming fees.

Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

[ Edited ]
7 of 8 (1,772 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 23, 2011 9:42:46 AM
(0)
Master

Apple is already selling the iPhone 4S unlocked model in a few select stores here in the US. You would just have to call in to the Apple stores in your area to find out if any of them are one of the ones that are already selling them.

Apple is already selling the iPhone 4S unlocked model in a few select stores here in the US. You would just have to call in to the Apple stores in your area to find out if any of them are one of the ones that are already selling them.

8 of 8 (1,745 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments