Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 26, 2012
3:11:15 PM
View profile
iphone 4s getting "viewmymessage" in text instead of picture

Is anyone else having this issue?  When I receive a text with a picture, instead of the picture, I get a link to "viewmymessages" website.  I've called AT&T and they have no idea.  My phone settings are the same as another family member's settings and they can get pictures in texts just fine.  Anyone know anything about this?

Is anyone else having this issue?  When I receive a text with a picture, instead of the picture, I get a link to "viewmymessages" website.  I've called AT&T and they have no idea.  My phone settings are the same as another family member's settings and they can get pictures in texts just fine.  Anyone know anything about this?

iphone 4s getting "viewmymessage" in text instead of picture

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 26, 2012 4:50:54 PM
(0)
Expert

46jcpat wrote:

check - Settings, Messages, make sure that MMS is tunred on at the bottom of the page

46jcpat wrote:

check - Settings, Messages, make sure that MMS is tunred on at the bottom of the page

Re: iphone 4s getting "viewmymessage" in text instead of picture

2 of 10 (1,762 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 26, 2012 4:53:55 PM
(0)
Tutor

All the settings are fine.  They are the same as the other household member in my family.  They get pictures and I don't.  I keep getting that annoying viewmymessages, which I understand to be something that was used years ago with the iphone.

All the settings are fine.  They are the same as the other household member in my family.  They get pictures and I don't.  I keep getting that annoying viewmymessages, which I understand to be something that was used years ago with the iphone.

3 of 10 (1,759 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 26, 2012 5:58:25 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

You would get this if your phone was not provisioned for MMS messages.

You would get this if your phone was not provisioned for MMS messages.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 10 (1,750 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 26, 2012 6:53:51 PM
(0)
Professor

Call AT&T CS ask them to look at the settings in the account.

Call AT&T CS ask them to look at the settings in the account.

hello!!!

5 of 10 (1,745 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2012 6:27:04 PM
(0)
Master

I did not think this was still around.  Do you have an iPhone data plan or one of the older medianet plans?  Call ATT from a land line.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

http://www.att.com/econtactus/callUs.jsp?serviceGroup=wireless#wireless

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

I did not think this was still around.  Do you have an iPhone data plan or one of the older medianet plans?  Call ATT from a land line.

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

6 of 10 (1,707 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2012 7:08:32 PM
(0)
Tutor

youngjm, I didn't think this was still around either and we have called AT&T.  I'm not sure if they even know.   I also found out this is happening with my daughter's phone.  She is away at college and just decided to tell us her was doing the same thing.  (Kids!)  Her phone was purchased in August and it started happening to her in October.  My husband's phone is the one doing this also, but mine is fine.  We bought our 2 phones in Feb. 

We do have one of the plans that they don't offer anymore because we have been with them for so long.  We had no problems with the previous iphone, but as soon as we switched to the new ones is when the issue happened.

The only difference that I can think of is that when we were in the AT&T store, the salesman set up my husband's phone and transferred everything over.  I had to do mine when I got home.  When I did it, I set it up as a new phone through itunes.  Last night, we reset his phone and started over and set his up as a new phone.  Didn't work.  We have done everything we can think of and still can't get results. 

I really feel like it is a problem with the account, but don't know why it is with 2 phones and not all 3 of them.

youngjm, I didn't think this was still around either and we have called AT&T.  I'm not sure if they even know.   I also found out this is happening with my daughter's phone.  She is away at college and just decided to tell us her was doing the same thing.  (Kids!)  Her phone was purchased in August and it started happening to her in October.  My husband's phone is the one doing this also, but mine is fine.  We bought our 2 phones in Feb. 

We do have one of the plans that they don't offer anymore because we have been with them for so long.  We had no problems with the previous iphone, but as soon as we switched to the new ones is when the issue happened.

The only difference that I can think of is that when we were in the AT&T store, the salesman set up my husband's phone and transferred everything over.  I had to do mine when I got home.  When I did it, I set it up as a new phone through itunes.  Last night, we reset his phone and started over and set his up as a new phone.  Didn't work.  We have done everything we can think of and still can't get results. 

I really feel like it is a problem with the account, but don't know why it is with 2 phones and not all 3 of them.

7 of 10 (1,704 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2012 7:10:34 PM
(0)
Tutor

Forot to add, that the salesman set up my daughter's phone also.  Mine is the only one that was done here at home and mine is the only one that is working right. 

Forot to add, that the salesman set up my daughter's phone also.  Mine is the only one that was done here at home and mine is the only one that is working right. 

8 of 10 (1,703 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2012 7:25:33 PM
(0)
Master

The sales person who messed with two of your accounts did something wrong and yours is fine since they did not touch it.

Call ATT and have them check it out.  The fix is with their system and not your phones.

The sales person who messed with two of your accounts did something wrong and yours is fine since they did not touch it.

Call ATT and have them check it out.  The fix is with their system and not your phones.

Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

9 of 10 (1,698 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 3, 2012 7:33:10 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by ShaunMN on Apr 3, 2012 at 7:43:07 PM

Just wanted to post the results of the problem.  We tried all the hundreds of "fixes" we could find on these message boards and none of them worked and then went to the AT&T store.  The obtuse salesperson tried blaming it on apple and suggested the phone be taken to them. (We felt like it was some setting that only they could fix and had nothing to do with the phone.)   Next we called AT&T and were passed along to several others.  The last person there said they were going to send someone to the tower.......which made NO SENSE at all.  Then I printed off a list of "fixes" I found from reading the threads here and the apple threads.  These were things AT&T needed to do and we felt like if they would just listen, which they all seem to have a hard time doing, then the problem could be fixed.  Took that list back to the store and got the exact same obtuse salesperson, by the name of David, who by the way is a {word filter evasion}, and he insisted he had never heard of the problem before.  Anyway, he changed out the SIM card and then said he changed some setting in the system.   I don't think the SIM card was the problem because my daughter is out of town and he couldn't change her card, but her phone is now working also.

So just for the record for anyone else having this issue, here is one more of the hundreds of solutions.  I have no idea what "setting" he changed in the system, but I think that was the problem, which made more sense than anything else.

Just wanted to post the results of the problem.  We tried all the hundreds of "fixes" we could find on these message boards and none of them worked and then went to the AT&T store.  The obtuse salesperson tried blaming it on apple and suggested the phone be taken to them. (We felt like it was some setting that only they could fix and had nothing to do with the phone.)   Next we called AT&T and were passed along to several others.  The last person there said they were going to send someone to the tower.......which made NO SENSE at all.  Then I printed off a list of "fixes" I found from reading the threads here and the apple threads.  These were things AT&T needed to do and we felt like if they would just listen, which they all seem to have a hard time doing, then the problem could be fixed.  Took that list back to the store and got the exact same obtuse salesperson, by the name of David, who by the way is a {word filter evasion}, and he insisted he had never heard of the problem before.  Anyway, he changed out the SIM card and then said he changed some setting in the system.   I don't think the SIM card was the problem because my daughter is out of town and he couldn't change her card, but her phone is now working also.

So just for the record for anyone else having this issue, here is one more of the hundreds of solutions.  I have no idea what "setting" he changed in the system, but I think that was the problem, which made more sense than anything else.

[ Edited ]
10 of 10 (1,570 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments