Helpful Links

iphone 4s cannot send or receive texts

Tutor

iphone 4s cannot send or receive texts

Not sure when this started because I'm not able to send or recieve texts on my 4s.  Compose text, hit send and it appears as though the message has been sent successfully - not.  Have had multiple calls to let me know I had not responded to text from several days ago - but never received the text on my phone.  Have been all over the internet and tried all the resets, turn on/turn off but no luck.  Anyone else having this issue and have any solutions?

Message 1 of 7
Employee

Re: iphone 4s cannot send or receive texts

Is the background of the word bubble blue or green?
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 7
Mentor

If restoring the phone from iTunes doesnt work then go to Settings -> Messages and turn off iMessage

If that doesnt work then exchange the phone since you're still under warranty

Message 3 of 7
Employee

Make sure you even have a text feature,I heard stories of them vanishing when upgrading phones
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 7
Tutor

Tried in both colors (iMessage and SMS) - still got the same result. Dropped by AT&T store to have account look up - corporate account - can change from my end but contacted IT to check in to loss of text service when changing over to new 4s recently.
Message 5 of 7
Tutor

Done that - went by Apple Store they said it is an provider issue. Having IT dept. check into possible loss of service when changing over to 4s recently. If that is the problem, Apple rep said bring the phone in for an exchange.
Message 6 of 7
Tutor

Right you are, the AT&T rep checked service status - I have contacted corp IT dept. and will find out soon if the settings have been changed or not. Both AT&T and Apple could not fix on initial view.
Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support