iphone 4G water-damage- help!

Contributor

iphone 4G water-damage- help!

My iphone 4g was hit by a wave , it was in my coat pocket--long story. Meanwhile, my contract is only 6 onths old.. is there a list of prices for iphones without the special 2yr. contract prices?

Message 1 of 4 (1,087 Views)
Scholar

Re: iphone 4G water-damage- help!

msbrown119 wrote:

My iphone 4g was hit by a wave , it was in my coat pocket--long story. Meanwhile, my contract is only 6 onths old.. is there a list of prices for iphones without the special 2yr. contract prices?

Sorry to hear about the damage. Was it hit with salt or fresh water? I don't know how the iPhone handles water damage, but have you tried drying it out? Does the phone work at all? ebay has the 4G iPhone for $500 and up. Most of them are unlocked from what I've seen. Hopefully someone else will chine in with more info.

Message 2 of 4 (1,065 Views)

[ Edited ]

It may be too late, but next time it happens, DO NOT TRY TO TURN THE PHONE ON, dry it off and put it in a bag of race for 24-72 hours. There's also something you can buy for about $20 called Bheestie bag you can keep on hand for the future.

Message 3 of 4 (1,060 Views)
Master

You can go to the Apple Store and get an out-of-warranty replacement for $200.  I'm not sure if AppleCare is a requirement for that exchange, but I'm sure someone will chime in if it is.

Message 4 of 4 (1,032 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.