Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 6, 2011
9:07:17 PM
View profile
iphone 4

I currently have an iphone with the unlimited data plan. I would like to get my son the iphone 4 but i was wondering if i can transfer the unlimited data plan to his account and i would just get the $25 data plan. I feel like he would need the unlimited data more than i do because i only use about 400mb of data every month. Is this possible at all?

I currently have an iphone with the unlimited data plan. I would like to get my son the iphone 4 but i was wondering if i can transfer the unlimited data plan to his account and i would just get the $25 data plan. I feel like he would need the unlimited data more than i do because i only use about 400mb of data every month. Is this possible at all?

iphone 4

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2011 9:42:44 PM
(0)
Master

Unfortunately you won't be able to do that.  The data plan is attached to your line and cannot be swapped to a different one.

The only thing you could do is let your son have your phone number with your unlimited data plan and you take his number.

Unfortunately you won't be able to do that.  The data plan is attached to your line and cannot be swapped to a different one.

The only thing you could do is let your son have your phone number with your unlimited data plan and you take his number.

Re: iphone 4

2 of 9 (874 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2011 10:29:00 PM
(0)
Tutor

now do you know how much plan would be if i were to get 2 iphone 4's both with no texting, on lowest voice plan. 1 with unlimited data plan and the other with 2gig data plan?

my estimation i somewhere in $120's

now do you know how much plan would be if i were to get 2 iphone 4's both with no texting, on lowest voice plan. 1 with unlimited data plan and the other with 2gig data plan?

my estimation i somewhere in $120's

3 of 9 (856 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2011 10:45:39 PM
(0)
Master

$59.99 FamilyTalk 550 plan (includes the first 2 lines)

$30.00 Unlimited data plan line 1

$25.00 200MB data plan line 2

______

$114.99 (not including taxes and fees)

______

4 of 9 (849 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2011 9:33:42 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

xromarx wrote:

As others have told you, you can not officially add an unlimited data plan to a new line.

If you really want him to have your unlimited data, you could get a new line, and then give him your phone/number and start using the new phone/number yourself.  This would give him the line with unlimited data, and you the line with the 2GB data plan, but it would mean that you would be losing the number you currently have to your son and you would be getting a new number...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

xromarx wrote:

As others have told you, you can not officially add an unlimited data plan to a new line.

If you really want him to have your unlimited data, you could get a new line, and then give him your phone/number and start using the new phone/number yourself.  This would give him the line with unlimited data, and you the line with the 2GB data plan, but it would mean that you would be losing the number you currently have to your son and you would be getting a new number...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 9 (802 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2011 10:23:19 AM
(0)
Guru

200MB data plan is not $25; it's $15. 2GB data plan is $25.   Smiley Happy

Planet-Ed wrote:

______

Planet-Ed wrote:

______

6 of 9 (793 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2011 2:29:23 PM
(0)
Guru

There is no way to do this...you'll need to either give him your number and get a new one...or you'll need to add one of the available data plans to his line and your account. The 2GB data plan should be fine...just explain to him how it works and how to use Wi-Fi as much as possible.

There is no way to do this...you'll need to either give him your number and get a new one...or you'll need to add one of the available data plans to his line and your account. The 2GB data plan should be fine...just explain to him how it works and how to use Wi-Fi as much as possible.

Experience the Underlyingsound.

7 of 9 (740 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2011 6:39:46 PM
(0)
Master

brainwaver wrote:

Correct it is, the price is correct for the plan he asked for so the pricing was right, I just fat fingered something else I was thinking of at the time for the allowance.

brainwaver wrote:

Correct it is, the price is correct for the plan he asked for so the pricing was right, I just fat fingered something else I was thinking of at the time for the allowance.

8 of 9 (702 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2011 2:44:43 AM
(0)
Professor

Nope AT&T will not let you do that.

Nope AT&T will not let you do that.

hello!!!