iphone 4 with home phone number

Contributor

iphone 4 with home phone number

Is it possible to have AT&T home phone number changed to a new AT&T iPhone4? I have landline phone service and AT&T  internet DSL. Can I keep the internet connection and change the landline service number to the iPhone4? Have spent too much time with bad Tracfone service and worthless Tracfone phones lately that the iPhone4 is looking real good now. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 5 (588 Views)
Professor

Re: iphone 4 with home phone number

You can port your number from a landline to a cellular phone, per the link below (please actually check your number's eligibility in the tool provided).  As far as keeping your internet service, I don't know.  Contact at&t for the answer to that question.

http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/basics/transfer-number/porting-faqs.jsp

Message 2 of 5 (585 Views)
Scholar

I did a few years ago and have never looked back.

It's really nice having just one number with just one voice mail to deal with.

Message 3 of 5 (531 Views)
Voyager

I recently had my ATT landline number transferred to my 3GS. I also had DSL internet with ATT. However, someone in the tech department thought I could not have the DSL line and a wireless phone so the DSL was disconnected. After several long calls (against my minutes allowed) I was able to get the DSL line reconnected (took about 2 1/2 weeks !!) They also will tell you that you must reconnect to a u-verse line if it is available in your area. That is not true.  Make sure you emphasize that you are not dropping a line, not adding a line, but transferring coverage from one type of phone to another.....and that you still want the DSL line.

Message 4 of 5 (423 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

r-sigafoos wrote:

Is it possible to have AT&T home phone number changed to a new AT&T iPhone4? I have landline phone service and AT&T  internet DSL. Can I keep the internet connection and change the landline service number to the iPhone4? Have spent too much time with bad Tracfone service and worthless Tracfone phones lately that the iPhone4 is looking real good now. Thanks in advance.

believe you will have to make multiple changes, your dsl will have to be reconfigured as dry - no POTS service, just internet and then you will need to move the number to the wireless. Will take a lot of cooordination to prevent serivce outage.

Eventhough this is the trend, prefer to have a POTS line to my home, the service is very dependable and has a SLA of about 99 percent. Back a few months ago when my home area was battered by tornados and damaging winds, the cell phones where useless (and I carry one from every provider for my business), the POTS line was the only form of communications during the issue.

Message 5 of 5 (399 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.